Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Ah okay I understand.... sorry if I sounded harsh, I'm just one that "doesn't like change" much. I get nervous whenever I look at fanfiction, cause I'm worried that the storyline will upset me because of characters acting inappropriately. Not in anyway saying it's bad, just saying I don't read it much. I definitely understand what you mean by crossing lines, I'd rather have a dark storyline than an MC-17, it's just that my favorite storylines are all bright and cheery, and reading non-cheery stuff can kind of make me feel upset, especially if it was a show that was ORIGINALLY a cheery one. Hope I didn't offend you with anything I said in this post, I didn't mean to and I'm just being honest about myself and my opinion. :)
Nah, you didn't sound harsh at all! Fanfiction can be strange and very inappropriate, but with this fandom there's not much you need to worry about. The archive is so small and I've been through the lists... It's a sorta testing... if you don't like the darker stuff, as you put it, you'd be best to search out the stories that are K and K+. Those would be the less darker stuff. It's more like G-PG in movie rating form.

Which would bring me to the other great thing about fanfiction...there's something for everyone if you just look hard enough :)

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

glad I didn't offend you. :)

How do I tell what the rating on a fanfic is BEFORE I read it? It is really stressful to me when I see something inappropriate or dark, especially when it comes as a surprise.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:glad I didn't offend you. :)

How do I tell what the rating on a fanfic is BEFORE I read it? It is really stressful to me when I see something inappropriate or dark, especially when it comes as a surprise.
Well, first off, here's the link that will take you directly to the Rainbow Brite section on fanfiction.net.

Secondly, look to the right side of the screen. You'll see all sorts of purplish drop down boxes. In the box that says Rated K -> T, click it. You'll find the fics you want moreso in K or K+ I believe. Stick to K if you don't know about K+. There's usually a description given as well.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

oh ok thank you. I had been looking at the fanfic section here on these boards, which I don't think has any way of searching that way. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:oh ok thank you. I had been looking at the fanfic section here on these boards, which I don't think has any way of searching that way. :)
No, it doesn't. But I can tell you that there are some stories on here that would fit your criteria. Any of Major Ursa's would. Brownie has his Tickled Pink story, The Little Things, and the one he calls Brownie. As for mine, you're safe with A Valentine for Stormy, Springtime Ceremony, Troubles of the Headache Kind, and Shadow of a Rainbow, though that's K+. It's not very dark at all, just a story telling what happens if Murky could win...for a little while.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

It comes with being open minded. As I stated before I would love RB to have two version one a darker version and one with a more child-like appeal. The story has such potential to grow.

It seems like all my points before were completely dismissed. Part of growing up mentally has to do with physical change. As stated before they aren't in their 30's.

And I would like to point out how is it that having the kids have sexual feelings not go beyond what I have proposed? I don't see how that makes anymore sense than aging them. Sure it is an opinion but to dismiss one thing and not the other when they are in the same context of growing makes no sense.

I have been looking into RB fiction and the universe for over 10 years now and have read and seen every plot there is.

In our fiction universe we have many levels of our stories you can create your own in a different time line post your own stories, art and create characters. Over here nobody really reads into fiction, which is why I have my own board where people love to create their own RB universes. We have a current timeline where they are older and have children but stop aging at a certain age. As well we have other stories too. You just have to be open minded. It is like a spin-off everyoine has their universe.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:And I would like to point out how is it that having the kids have sexual feelings not go beyond what I have proposed? I don't see how that makes anymore sense than aging them. Sure it is an opinion but to dismiss one thing and not the other when they are in the same context of growing makes no sense.
I'm not sure I quite get what you're saying here. Then again it is late. I think you're taking it all too seriously. When I mentioned the sexual feelings bit, it was because there have been stories written that are sexual in nature and cross a line when it's dealing with children, no matter what their mental age is supposed to be.

*C9* wrote: I have been looking into RB fiction and the universe for over 10 years now and have read and seen every plot there is.

If you had, there'd be nothing left to write about ;)

*C9* wrote: In our fiction universe we have many levels of our stories you can create your own in a different time line post your own stories, art and create characters. Over here nobody really reads into fiction, which is why I have my own board where people love to create their own RB universes. We have a current timeline where they are older and have children but stop aging at a certain age. As well we have other stories too. You just have to be open minded. It is like a spin-off everyoine has their universe.
I don't think it's a case of being open-minded, but rather which theory you choose to follow. Sure, many don't mind the aging, and some might. Some may prefer to stick to the non-aging theory while respecting the aging one. If anything, I'd say it's respect more than being open-minded. I respect the aging theory and those who choose to write/draw/whatnot while aging the characters. However, I wouldn't read it because I don't believe it, and I do know the same would apply vice versa for some as well.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Well I just think people need to be be more open minded and understand. Regardless of what theories are out there, since Hallmark left gigantic plot holes. It shouldn't matter, I'm just stating that specific dealings with RB characters would need them to be aged or else it would seem wrong. An example would be going into sexual preference, depending on how it is written. I'm guessing it does depend on how it is written. But the way I have my stories, which go deeper into emotions require an aged mind or it seems very, very wrong.

In short I respect your opinion but in all honesty there isn't anything wrong with them being older the stories are just as good.

As for reading the stories yeah basically I have everything from picnics to evil clones to time travel. I have yet to see an unique deeper concept that has them un-aged.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:Well I just think people need to be be more open minded and understand. Regardless of what theories are out there, since Hallmark left gigantic plot holes. It shouldn't matter, I'm just stating that specific dealings with RB characters would need them to be aged or else it would seem wrong. An example would be going into sexual preference, depending on how it is written. I'm guessing it does depend on how it is written. But the way I have my stories, which go deeper into emotions require an aged mind or it seems very, very wrong.
This is true. It is very hard to write romantic feelings without having them aged. I go for the option of child-like love, where they have no idea what it is or go much beyond chaste kissing. Anything beyond that which would require an acknowledgment of the feelings would indeed be very wrong unless aged.

*C9* wrote:In short I respect your opinion but in all honesty there isn't anything wrong with them being older the stories are just as good.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just said it was something that a person had to want to see them aged to read those stories. The writing style does not come under criticism with that. Obviously there are tons of good fanfic stories out there for any genre. A reader just has to have some interest in reading them first.
*C9* wrote:As for reading the stories yeah basically I have everything from picnics to evil clones to time travel. I have yet to see an unique deeper concept that has them un-aged.
That's saying that there's nothing good about an un-aged universe vs. the aged one. I think of it more this way: the un-aged universe (with exceptions of course) explores within the confines of the universe in which it was created. An aged universe allows for different concepts to be explored. One universe cannot be touted as better than another because each explores different concepts, that while sharing some similarities, are still different from each other.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

No, it doesn't. But I can tell you that there are some stories on here that would fit your criteria. Any of Major Ursa's would. Brownie has his Tickled Pink story, The Little Things, and the one he calls Brownie. As for mine, you're safe with A Valentine for Stormy, Springtime Ceremony, Troubles of the Headache Kind, and Shadow of a Rainbow, though that's K+. It's not very dark at all, just a story telling what happens if Murky could win...for a little while.
Yeah, I read one of Major's on the old boards.... it was good. I even had added a few stories to the old boards myself. One focused on me and my family of rainbow brite DOLLS, not the characters that the dolls are of. The other one was a rb version of an edgar allan poe story (The Masque of the Red Death), only I changed the ending to be happy.