Upcoming RB Toys/Playsets?

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

:lol:
Why so serious here Chibi ?! :rolleyes:
Please do me just a wee favour and try to not over-intellectualise everything I write cause this is somehow stressfull in the long run. No offense.

I discussed this issue with a lot of kids and their moms when I managed an art-class for children during my art-studies.
Surely one can find children who like the cartoons I mentioned before but my personal
experience shows that less then ca. 20 % of the children who were asked told that they actually like them.
This is not over all representative but still a little bit flashy.
By the way...my godchild Leonie is able to tell whether she likes the styling of the cartoon very well and she tells without being asked.

I would never say my utterances are universal and I also do not care whether I can change something by telling my opinion and that really isn t the point.
By the way ... I would word it differently if I really wanted to complain ! ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

That's simply how I analyze things in my own way, not me taking it seriously. It's my own opinion. Besides, throwing about random estimated percentages does no good. If one surveys, one must have the data to back it up. I'm sorry, but I cannot take anyone seriously that gives stats with no material for research.

As for sharing opinions, I'm referring to those in general who are constantly doing it over and over again throughout the years. They'll state faults of whatever it is, say they can do better, and then still continue in the same cycle, regardless of whatever interest area it is. There's always a lot that's not known, that's never shown on the outside, until one gets behind the scenes and gets their feet wet.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

That's simply how I analyze things in my own way, not me taking it seriously. It's my own opinion. Besides, throwing about random estimated percentages does no good. If one surveys, one must have the data to back it up. I'm sorry, but I cannot take anyone seriously that gives stats with no material for research.

As for sharing opinions, I'm referring to those in general who are constantly doing it over and over again throughout the years. They'll state faults of whatever it is, say they can do better, and then still continue in the same cycle, regardless of whatever interest area it is. There's always a lot that's not known, that's never shown on the outside, until one gets behind the scenes and gets their feet wet.
:lol: ...Yeah ... it s your opinion and you illustrate it very strongly.

I am an adult person Chibi and I just like other adults dislike to be instructed that much.
You are a teacher ... but you should know how to distinguish between work and free time.
If you can t take me serious it s clearly your problem.
You seem to be keen to debate .. but not the way I prefer it.
Honestly it s a little bit annoying for me and your last lines were extremely rude.

I never said that I can do it better ... you read that in my utterances but I totally deny that.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote::lol: ...Yeah ... it s your opinion and you illustrate it very strongly.

I am an adult person Chibi and I just like other adults dislike to be instructed that much.
You are a teacher ... but you should know how to distinguish between work and free time.
If you can t take me serious it s clearly your problem.
You seem to be keen to debate .. but not the way I prefer it.
Honestly it s a little bit annoying for me and your last lines were extremely rude.

I never said that I can do it better ... you read that in my utterances but I totally deny that.
I wasn't referring to you. I named no names and did not intend to. I was referring to people in general who do it for whatever reasons. I hear those complaints all the time from many and am simply sick of it. As for taking you seriously, I can't take your stats seriously, no. I don't take anyone's stats seriously without evidence. I need to be shown facts and proof for any stats. I do like a good debate.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Anyone remember those micro machines playsets? The tiny base ones. Or if you had the girly ones, Polly Pocket. Those would be neat to have with various scenes. Never gonna happen, but definitely would be cute.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

As for taking you seriously, I can't take your stats seriously, no.
Thanks a lot !
I did not calculate on such an arrogant behaviour.
I wasn't referring to you
A likely story! :-)))))
I don't take anyone's stats seriously without evidence
No ... you are not serious :lol:
... you just for the fun of it question my credibility !
Why do you think I should deliver evidence to you ? Who are you ? The pope or the police ?
Not funny at all Chibi !!! Really shameless !!!

I never tried to annoy you but you simply can t accept my opinion and you again and again give me the needle.
But has been settled and I draw the consequences from it.

I contibuted quite a lot to this scene and think it is completely unfair and inappropriate how you treat me.
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Tom-sprite wrote:
I don't think we can base on examples of children we know. I'm sure any of us could find a child that fit either side of the bill. Kids aren't going to sense if it's self purpose. They aren't going to sit there and say "What terrible animation! This was done quickly for the toys! Let's tell mommy!" No, they're looking for a show that draws them in and fuels their imagination, that entertains them. If it can't do that, then it fails. Being quickly done may be a part of that, but other shows would fall prey to this chopping block.

I think it also comes down to the fact that some just want their precious 80's style cartoons back. Cartoons, as with other things, evolve with the times, and one can complain all one wants, but really, it's not going to change things. If someone's not happy with cartoons today, then they should get involved in the field to help make a difference.

@ Tom...

It looks like you forgot to type whatever comment you wanted to make.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel~

I don't think you should comment on everything you see unless you got a valid reason to. tom-sprite actually posted his comment on the next page :happy:

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

SunSpire wrote:Blondine Arc-En-Ciel~

I don't think you should comment on everything you see unless you got a valid reason to. tom-sprite actually posted his comment on the next page :happy:

"SunSpire"

???

What kind of nonsense are you talking, SunSpire?

Tom quoted someone yet didn't put a comment. That's why i responded as I did.

At the time that I posted that, and as I am posting this right now (OK, it may show up on Page 5 when I hit Submit), both Tom's comment and my response were on Page 4 of 4 pages. In other words, there was NOT a next page for Tom to post a reply on at the time you made your rather rude
remark to me. Given that, I think that YOU are the one that should not be commenting on everything you see unless you have a valid reason.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

What a terrible day ! :(
Everybody seems to be stressed !

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote: ???

What kind of nonsense are you talking, SunSpire?

Tom quoted someone yet didn't put a comment. That's why i responded as I did.

At the time that I posted that, and as I am posting this right now (OK, it may show up on Page 5 when I hit Submit), both Tom's comment and my response were on Page 4 of 4 pages. In other words, there was NOT a next page for Tom to post a reply on at the time you made your rather rude
remark to me. Given that, I think that YOU are the one that should not be commenting on everything you see unless you have a valid reason.
Ah, we seem to keep bumping into each other, huh? :)

First of all, I just happen to be the SITE ADMIN for this message board and it's my responsibility to keep the community a little bit in shape, however recently some people seem to be falling out of line by making unfitting comments to posts they had nothing to do with and that do not contribute to a healthy discussion either. The complaints I am receiving about individuals lately are at a peak level, so you'd think I'm not just standing around doing nothing about it!!

If you think that I was being rude I suggest you look in a mirror. Posting SEVEN threads within less than half an hour that could easily have been covered in a SINGLE ONE is not exactly nice, you know!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]