OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Cypher

Re: OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Post by Cypher »

YAY! Really exciting and I posted my feedback at the bottom. But where is the link that Patreek is talking about? Also, does anyone know if our comments on that site are being read? O.o

~Marysia
If you're going to steal a star, make sure there are no planets involved.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Cypher, I believe the link that Patreek is talking about is the one I posted when I said I contacted them.

Here it is again:
http://www.playmatestoys.com/contact-us.shtml
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Moonxtal

Post by Moonxtal »

I don't want a dora the explorer type rainbow brite cartoon or dolls.
Here here! I'm tired of them taking away what girls really like, magic, dresses, colors ect. they really toned down SSC and that made me cry inside, however if you look at some of the newer stuff for SSC, she's in princess dresses and fairy costumes :} i think they're heading in the right direction.

No tween RB please! it never works out... just look at rugrats all grown up, it wasn't very popular at all! I think that sort of thing should remain in the fan fic/art world.

rainbowstarfaery

Post by rainbowstarfaery »

Patreek wrote:Also, while you should all click that link and send your feedback you should ALSO fill out the feedback that is attached to the article at the bottom. There are two places there to let our voices be heard. We REALLY need to actively do this.
I agree. I will do that right now.I wouldn´t like a Bratz type RB either.
Everyday is unique.Enjoy each momment

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Man, I hope we get more people joining soon. :( It's kind of dismal logging on to see that no new comments have been posted in a matter of weeks. :P

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

As for the "tween" Rainbow Brite, I've done some thinking and...you know, maybe this won't be such a bad idea after all. If we want classic RB, we can hunt down the old ones through ebay (but here's hoping they'll revive the classic ones anyway for more variety and market them as the "original vintage RB" or something). A "tween redesign" could actually popularize RB and work to her advantage if she ends up looking really cute. I'm not saying she should look modern like Strawberry Shortcake, because I agree with you all that the fantasy element is essential, but what if she looked more grown up? That doesn't have to be so bad, does it? Not sexy or slutty, just older--and still magical. (Think adorable Petal Pixies from the Barbie Fairytopia line or those rare Dream Dancers--of course RB wouldn't be as tiny as those dolls are, but you get the idea.) Of course I am NOT at all suggesting she should look like a Bratz doll--eww. +_+ But yeah, seriously, this could work out very well for all those people who draw fan art and write fanfiction of RB growing up; looking around forums, I've often been surprised at how many people draw pictures of Rainbow in a teen incarnation--and it struck me that I've often done the same before I even saw other people doing it. I thought about the reason for this, and I think it's because people like to see their favorite childhood characters grow up with them. (JoeyAngel, where are you, I could use some backing on this one. XD) Anyway, as long as she doesn't look ultra sexy, non-magical, or like a total bimbo (read: Bratz doll), I'll be interested to see what they come up with. :)

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

An understandable thing that is, but the problem is then she wouldn't appeal so much to younger kids anymore, so when the 80s generation dies out, no more rainbow brite. I say keep rainbow brite characters as cute children.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

This is amazing news. Unfortunately I won't be satisfied until I see a new cartoon or a comic book (which is even less likely).

Still great news, anyway.

Rose Red

Post by Rose Red »

I am worried about the tween thing too. My biggest excitment for this is that My daughter will stop whinning that I won't let her play with my dolls lol

Sorry... NRFB is staying that way :)

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Rose Red wrote:I am worried about the tween thing too. My biggest excitment for this is that My daughter will stop whinning that I won't let her play with my dolls lol

Sorry... NRFB is staying that way :)

You should get her some of the 2003-2004 dolls, they won't be too bad if they are deboxed... or just get her vintage ones in bad condition, that might be even better. :)