Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

Sarah

Re: Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

Post by Sarah »

usually my dreams aren't that exciting, although they always come true months after, except I rarely remember them when I wake up, I just get really big dejavus. and they are always completely in color.

I've only had a few really special dreams, but when I do I feel really good! : D

a 'scout' can be from any of the catagories, so there can be indigo scouts, crystal scouts, rainbow scouts, etc. From what I know, a scout is the name given to those people that fit one of the catagories, but they just come earlier, like years or decades earlier than the most from that catagory come.

So I'm a rainbow scout, because there are a few being born from 2000-2010, but most will be born from 2010-2030. But I was born in 1981, much earlier than the others, so I be's a rainbow 'scout'.

The best rainbow kids thing I have read has come from a book I just read on star children, which talked about the indigos, rainbows, and crystals. (everybodies definitions of things can get pretty confusing).

The author has a website, I just have to find it . . . . . : D

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

ta-da! : D

This is me! It's a page on the rainbow children, but you can read about others too.

http://www.starchildren.info/rainbow.html

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Awesome website, that's really informative!

Now I get what star children are... they're a category that All three - indigos, crystals, and rainbows all fit under. Up till now I had been thinking they were something totally different and slightly irrelevant.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

well, everyone seems to have a different idea about what each of these ideas means, and it seems that every author has a different view

I'm not sure that all star children are indigos, crystals, rainbow, etc. But maybe they are?

Doreen Virtue categories them seperately, having star children being completely seperate from indigos, crystals, rainbows . . . she says that star children are a kind of 'earth angel', and there are other earth angel types.

Most authors seem to keep them all seperate too.

But then I read that book by Nikki Patillo, with that websitethat I just showed you, and she has them all listed under starchildren.

: D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

(To try and get back on topic)

I was reading back over the songs posted, and it reminded me that "Rainbow Connection" has been a song used in Rainbow Brite fanfics as well. There aren't too many songfics though so it's the only one I've really seen.

I did attempt to look through my songs and found nothing that would remind me of Rainbow in particular, though Let Love Lead the Way by the Spice Girls would come close. If you try to interpret the lyrics, it has a slightly different meaning, but it also makes me think of something that Rainbow might do if she was exposed to the true pain and horror of the world...what would she think then?

Other than that, the only songs I have that even mention "rainbows" are ones from Evita- "Rainbow High" and "Rainbow Tour" XD Out of over 600 songs on my mp3 player, that's all I've got.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:(To try and get back on topic)

I was reading back over the songs posted, and it reminded me that "Rainbow Connection" has been a song used in Rainbow Brite fanfics as well. There aren't too many songfics though so it's the only one I've really seen.

I did attempt to look through my songs and found nothing that would remind me of Rainbow in particular, though Let Love Lead the Way by the Spice Girls would come close. If you try to interpret the lyrics, it has a slightly different meaning, but it also makes me think of something that Rainbow might do if she was exposed to the true pain and horror of the world...what would she think then?

Other than that, the only songs I have that even mention "rainbows" are ones from Evita- "Rainbow High" and "Rainbow Tour" XD Out of over 600 songs on my mp3 player, that's all I've got.
I think Let Love Lead the Way is a good one. Me and Starvoyager like "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls as being from Rainbows point of view. Ironically Iris is the name of a rainbow goddess but i don't think that's why it's called that ;) Kinda like the lyrics are her singing to people of earth or something.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:I think Let Love Lead the Way is a good one. Me and Starvoyager like "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls as being from Rainbows point of view. Ironically Iris is the name of a rainbow goddess but i don't think that's why it's called that ;) Kinda like the lyrics are her singing to people of earth or something.
Let Love Lead the Way would make an interesting fanfic and I can't say I haven't considered the idea of using it before. It would take a slight twist on meaning, but I know it could be done. It reminds me of an inner struggle Rainbow might have before coming to a conclusion, whether on her own or with the help of another, particularly from one of the special Kids who would also have the ability to visit Earth.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Hi, I think it's really cool that you guys think rainbow brite is real! I've never really thought about it myself, but in the past I've talked about pokemon and other cartoon characters being real. People always told me I was wrong and I even started thinking that myself, but it's good to know that there's people out there who think cartoon characters can be real. I don't know exactly where they are or how they come into reality, but my only theory right now is that god watches us draw them and create them, then brings them to life somewhere (probably on another world, planet, or dimension).
I used to wonder if there was some kind of Neverending Story type of inter-dimensional creation connected to imagination. In the past few years though I realized the opposite is more likely.

What ancient peoples' believed in were written down on paper or passed down through the generations by word-of-mouth. And so we have holy books, myths, legends, etc. Often this material has been referred to as the "inspired Word", as in, somehow, certain people, are getting access to spiritual information, who then pass on what they learn to others. Now, back then, it was storytelling and writing. That kind of thing has evolved into the high-tech media of today. Of course, we're much wiser these days, living under the cold, steel, opaque dome of science, and we all know that "It's just TV." Or have we, over the span of time, just forgotten/ignored the possibility of a connection between inspiration and imagination?

So, by imagining and creating things, we didn't wish them into being. They were already there, and occasionally, someone catches a glimpse, or a subconscious message, and then translates that into stories.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I like your theory, starvoyager. I thought about it a little bit more and I think your theory is better than the one I came up with. The stories probably already existed, and fate/destiny and people seeing the characters in their dreams caused it to get written as it is.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

It's kinda like how the bible was supposed to have been written...but with everything in existance.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P