Stormy and Murky

FanChan

Re: Stormy and Murky

Post by FanChan »

That's a good point about Stormy's powers. It's interesting that she's never shown up in the pits, not that I can remember.

I think the rainbow was stronger then because of all of the star sprinkles in the river. She had a huge cache of energy to draw from. If you think about it, it took a river-full of star sprinkles to let the rainbow do what it normally does. So yeah, I'd say that's still making her pretty weak.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:That's a good point about Stormy's powers. It's interesting that she's never shown up in the pits, not that I can remember.

I think the rainbow was stronger then because of all of the star sprinkles in the river. She had a huge cache of energy to draw from. If you think about it, it took a river-full of star sprinkles to let the rainbow do what it normally does. So yeah, I'd say that's still making her pretty weak.
Hmm true. Without a huge batch of star sprinkles, the rainbow holds no power. It took a good bit of power to escape from the bottle and she was only able to do that based on the rainbow wall and taking energy from that. She could barely hold on and it would sag too.

Stormy would have been an interesting twist to the storyline. Murky should have went for Stormy, as to control her would mean he could control her powers and their effect on both Rainbow Land and the Earth. Taking Moonglo would have been a mere stepping stone, compared to the payoff he could have gotten with Stormy, had he been successful.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

No kidding. That episode with Moonglo was awesome, though. I can remember when I was little holding my breath and freaking out when Rainbow was slowly approaching that trap. Then Murky comes out and shoves her into it. That was awesome @_@

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I never watched it when I was little, but I can remember how silly that trap looked when I first watched it... a big pile of sticks in the middle of a dark dirt road so isn't suspicious...

I think, toward the end, Murky got just a bit silly with some of his plots. I think if he had been more competent, there might have been quite a few really good plots...but with the target audience being young children, silly worked best I suppose
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Yeah. I was so young when I first saw it, and it was all very exciting and scary and awesome. That silliness that makes it borderline - or not so borderline - painful for mature people to watch despite the deep love for it is why I want to do an updated storyline with my comic, so we can still follow and enjoy them. But I guess that's why anyone does fanfics for it ^^;

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Yeah. I was so young when I first saw it, and it was all very exciting and scary and awesome. That silliness that makes it borderline - or not so borderline - painful for mature people to watch despite the deep love for it is why I want to do an updated storyline with my comic, so we can still follow and enjoy them. But I guess that's why anyone does fanfics for it ^^;
Yup. Giving Murky a competent side makes for interesting scenarios. I did the same thing with Rita and Lord Zedd from Power Rangers when I wrote my epic story for that genre. Character torture was so fun to come up with for it and it made for a good read. Stormy's getting the same treatment currently, and I know I'll do the same if I write the other story

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I just hope I can pull my whole story together. I stopped writing it right in the middle of something important happening, and I didn't pick it up for a few months again. And by then I forgot what specifically was happening T-T I've been hard pressed to figure it all out again. There are some finesse points that I had worked out before but can no longer remember... *sigh* Ah well. I'll figure it out. I really need to work on Murky's character in it.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yeah, I hate having to stop in the middle of writing something really good. There was one night I stayed up late to finish a chapter because I knew I'd never be able to recapture what I was seeing in my mind, even if I made note of it on a piece of paper.

To bring things back onto the discussion, why would Murky choose a lightning symbol as part of his attire when he doesn't control lightning in any aspect...a cloud would be more befitting

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

That's a good question. I can't even think up a suitable BS answer xD

I wonder why he even sticks around Rainbowland. There's gotta be a color-less world out there somewhere where he can be 'happy' @_@

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

There probably was, but given his lack of skill, he'd probably fail before finding it. He could barely build a working space ship, much less competently guide himself across the universe.