Do humans live on Rainbow Land?

*C9*

Re: Do humans live on Rainbow Land?

Post by *C9* »

That is like the books how starlite doesn't need the rainbow to get around and the kids use a wagon 0_o. Then those other kids can see her. This show hastoo many loop holes >.> *elbows hallmark for lack of everything"

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

You're totally right C9...lol. The inconsistencies are so numerous. One of these days I hope to make a list of them all, then WE can decide which facts we accept as true ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

That'd be great! Then we could compile a list of the 'natural laws of Rainbow Land' or something like that. And write our fanfics accordingly.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:That'd be great! Then we could compile a list of the 'natural laws of Rainbow Land' or something like that. And write our fanfics accordingly.
"Natural Laws of Rainbow Land" XD That's great. Of course, I don't go off the books when writing, but it seems they have more inconsistencies than the actual show itself.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I think those inconsistencies are all part of the fact that it's not one author doing all of this stuff. It's a huge collaboration, with very little quality control going on with the ones dishing out the rights. That, and, well, it's a kids' franchise. Continuity is not high on the list of worries.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yes, I'd speculate that as well. And one has to wonder how much information the authors are given to work with. Are they only given a summary and the basics, or do they know more?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I'd have to guess they're primarily just working with what they know, unless these authors are being sought out by the company to make the stories, in which case yeah, I'd be curious what they're given to know, too.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:I'd have to guess they're primarily just working with what they know, unless these authors are being sought out by the company to make the stories, in which case yeah, I'd be curious what they're given to know, too.
Probably. I'm thinking it's akin to the press kits and summary given to GaiaOnline for their creation of items for a particular movie. They never know always what the exact item in the movie looks like compared to what they create. Such as with the new Coraline movie, the item they created was a golden key, whereas the one in the movie was a black key.

I don't think they're sought out too badly by the company. I would say it's like any children's franchise today... how many children read the books for continuity? They're just happy to look at the pictures and read new stories about their favorite characters, not like us old folk who demand continuity!

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

No it is completely differentit isn' book to movie differences.

What it is, is these book writer write a story and have background information and create a story. They create it for the purpose of a kids book. They don't really know anything baout the universe like we do.
I wouldn't use any information from the books as canon unless it seems plausable.

Like We all know starlite needs the rainbow to fly and since when do all the kids go to earth to spread color? And those coloring books are filled with more inconsitances like Indgio's name. Since when did she have a second part to her name? Movie credits and toy line information say no. And then why would baby brite randomly be with them. It doesn't make sense.

It was a card character, toy and televison show the rest comes after. The whole show is just full of loop holes. Even in "mom" Rainbow could use her power in the pits which makes no sense. We all know the answer nobody really cared to make a consistant story.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:No it is completely differentit isn' book to movie differences.

What it is, is these book writer write a story and have background information and create a story. They create it for the purpose of a kids book. They don't really know anything baout the universe like we do.
I wouldn't use any information from the books as canon unless it seems plausable.

Like We all know starlite needs the rainbow to fly and since when do all the kids go to earth to spread color? And those coloring books are filled with more inconsitances like Indgio's name. Since when did she have a second part to her name? Movie credits and toy line information say no. And then why would baby brite randomly be with them. It doesn't make sense.

It was a card character, toy and televison show the rest comes after. The whole show is just full of loop holes. Even in "mom" Rainbow could use her power in the pits which makes no sense. We all know the answer nobody really cared to make a consistant story.
There were other episodes as well that her power was used. It's all fun in speculation, but I know I for one have never seen the illustrations in the book, only read the scripts for a few on the .net site. So I pull from what I can, but yes, a children's show targeted for children was the main aim when writing the tv series... who cares if Rainbow switches from being able to use her power in the Pits or not! :D