Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

MATTEL CATALOG NUMBERS FOR RB PRODUCTS

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Thanks, Maki.

I changed the links and you get an entire page of photos. The ones in question are the second and third from the left in the top row.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

I just did another major update to this topic, adding 12 new items and changing others..

HERE'S WHAT'S LEFT...

If you have any of these MIB or in a catalog or advert that shows the catalog numbers, please post a reply here or PM me. We are very close to having everything.

The following are the 9 Mattel Rainbow Brite products that I don't have catalog numbers for.

1.....Large OJ (orange) Boy Sprite

2.....Large Merrily (yellow) Girl Sprite

3.....Large Flutter (green) Girl Sprite

4.....Small Backpack Doll Carrier For Baby Brite, Mostly Yellow And Pink. This will be the most difficult to find MIB so it will be difficult to get the number.

5.....3D Rainbow Brite Eraser

6.....3D Twink Eraser

7.....3D Canary Yellow Eraser

8.....3D Red Butler Eraser

9.....3D Romeo Eraser.........These items should be in the low 2700 series, 2712 to 2717.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

UPDATE ON WHAT'S LEFT AND SOME STATS...

Still need catalog numbers for the following SIX items...

One Baby Brite Doll Carrier. Not the Cuddle Star Carrier and not the large Star Carrier for the three 18 inch dolls.

The following 3D Erasers sold only in Europe. These should be numbered between 2712 and 2719.

Rainbow Brite

Twink

Canary

Red

AND THAT'S IT!!!

So far we have 93 items produced by Mattel that we have the catalog numbers for

There are also 9 prototypes that we have the numbers for.

There are nine more prototypes that we do not have the numbers for.

And there are also 23 numbers that fell in between numbers that were used for RB products. Most of them have nothing to do with Rainbow Brite as far as I know. The five missing erasers will bring this down to 18 when we find them.

And the six items above that were produced but we are still looking for the catalog numbers.

OK, 93 + 9 + 9 + 23 + 6 = 140 total.

99 known items produced plus 18 prototypes equals 117 items.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

OK, I have just gotten it down to only THREE missing numbers thanks to something that arrived in today's mail!

Here's what I need to complete the list:

Baby Brite Carrier. This is a chest carrier only for Baby Brite. I suspect the Emotions dolls will also fit but it was not marketed as being something they could use. The carrier is mostly yellow but has a small pink pocket on the front and a strap on each side. It has a hole for each arm, leg and the head. It is not the Cuddle Star (no straps and only had one hole for the doll's head) or the Star Carrier, which was a backpack in the form of a star that had a large pocket to hold one of the 18 inch dolls.

Twink 3D Eraser and Romeo 3D Erasers. The only difference between them is the color. I have both catalog numbers but I don't know which number goes with which sprite. These items were only sold in Europe and the cards were written in English, French, German and Italian.

If anyone on here has any of these three items MIB in their collections or in a catalog, please, please send them along so I can finish this project.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Finally got the dealer catalog I was after- it has a bunch of prototypes pictured (with their numbers) and a couple of protos I have seen before-
Also, all of the standard stuff (not the erasers, sorry)

9677 Baby Brite Carrier (chest carrier)

Soft Wall hangings "New in '85" (all are prototypes except the hammock)

9443 Flower pot Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9679 Sailboat soft fabric wallhanging (picture on my site)
9703 Starlite Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9704 Bluebird Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9678 Flower Bed Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9676 Sun and Clouds Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9864 Rainbow & Clouds Soft Fabric Wallhanging
9976 Rainbow Castle Soft Fabric Wallhanging (picture on my site)
9442 Hammock Soft Fabric Wall Hanging (I know this one is around- not a prototype)

Additional soft fabric Listed in the catalog as "Also available but not shown:"
7720 Asst Pak 12 (?)
7568 Pillow Bed
7570 Star Bed
Crescent Moon

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

:rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave: :rbwave:

ALL HAIL THE ETERNAL GREATNESS OF THE PRINCESS SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess:

Sarah, thanks for help with my listing of Mattel Gen 1 toys. I had just got the erasers sorted out and all I had left to find was the Baby Brite (chest) Carrier and you supplied it for me along with some bonus stuff I wasn't expecting! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO

9442 and 9443 are the hammock and flower pot wallhangings, the last ones made.

7720 is the wallhanging assortment. It consists of the two mentioned above and the original release of four that follow:

7568......Bed

7569......Hot Air Balloon Wallhanging

7570......Star Bed

7571......Crescent Moon Wallhanging.

9676, 9678 and 9679 are the three wallhangings that are shown on the back of the 9700 Gift Set that is made up of the 7233 small RB doll and the 7568 bed.

9677 is the missing Baby Brite (chest) Carrier, the LAST item I hadn't found yet (((<BOWS DOWN AND KISSES SARAH'S FEET>))). I put (chest) the way I did so that it wouldn't be confused with the 9441 (backpack star) Doll Carrier. (chest) and (backpack star) are not part of the item's names in the catalog.

I have never before heard of the 9703, 9704 and 9864 wallhangings, so that's wonderful new information.

I've just updated the main list at the start of this topic to incorporate this new information.

G-CAT FOREVER!!! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

As of today, 22 August, 2010, the Mattel Catalog Numbers List For RB Products is finished unless we find out about new items, either production or prototype, that we don't know the existence of at this moment.

A word of thanks is in order for the following people that contributed information to this project:

Galacticatt//Sarah

Rainbow Brite UK

Aquarius

mtaylo28.

Thanks again, ladies!!!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Silly- you are very welcome. I will try to get a picture up of the wall hanging protos- I had never seen them before this catalog.
thank YOU for collecting all of the info!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Did you say "Silly"? Try these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silly,_Belgium

http://www.silly.be/index.php?lp=0 in French only...

http://www.silly-beer.com/

http://www.stripes.com/military-life/tr ... ds-1.88613

http://www.sillybelgium.com/index/pages ... id_page-1/

Seriously, I put an untold number of hours into that project doing research and making countless updates. You were the one that let me mark it 'Finished', at least until some new stuff floats to the surface so thanks again.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

ALL GEN 1 MATTEL CATALOG NUMBERS

I've updated the list for the new year.