Any word from Toy Fair?

IndigoJoy

Re: Any word from Toy Fair?

Post by IndigoJoy »

The picture was apparently later replaced with a video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeline
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Tennyo wrote:I don't see a cosplay, I see a video with a very awkward reporter interviewing a guy about a $10,000 bear. :/

Also, do you mean Madaline, the little red head who always got into trouble while walking in a line with other girls behind their nun governess or some such? I never thought to compare her to RB.

Not that one, either. the only Mad-anything I've ever heard about was the tot that disappeared. She was in yesterday's papers here because the Portugese govt blocked publication of a book about her by a former policeman who thinks she died accidently and that it was her parents' fault.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
Tennyo wrote:I don't see a cosplay, I see a video with a very awkward reporter interviewing a guy about a $10,000 bear. :/

Also, do you mean Madaline, the little red head who always got into trouble while walking in a line with other girls behind their nun governess or some such? I never thought to compare her to RB.

Not that one, either. the only Mad-anything I've ever heard about was the tot that disappeared. She was in yesterday's papers here because the Portugese govt blocked publication of a book about her by a former policeman who thinks she died accidently and that it was her parents' fault.
I think you've confused everyone now. When you showed us that picture, many of us didn't think of the resemblance to Rainbow, we thought of Madeline, the character the woman was dressed as. Some of us grew up hearing Madeline stories and watching the cartoons that went along with it. That's who we keep referring to.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

But I am not from your generation... :bg: :bg: :lol: :lol:

The first thing I latched on to was the red hair, similar to the orange hair of the original RB doll.

Then I noticed the blue outfit with white trim.

PRESTO!!! Rainbow Brite came to life for me that moment. I didn't play the video, just looked at the still image.

I hope that better explains my thought process.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I was SO bummed that there were no new RBB toys shown! I was really looking forward to seeing what to hunt for. :wacko:

punyichigo

Post by punyichigo »

stormberryfairy wrote:I was SO bummed that there were no new RBB toys shown! I was really looking forward to seeing what to hunt for. :wacko:
Ditto...