What RB stuff did you have as a child?

alexanderbrite

Re: What RB stuff did you have as a child?

Post by alexanderbrite »

Gosh I only had 2 rainbow brites (one little and one big), and I had a few of the sprites (a few being about 3-4).

I have a question: I see you all have very cool RB avatars/icons. Did you make them yourself? If not, how can I get one?

Thanks you all.

Alex
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I just found a long lost photo of me with my first Rainbow Brite doll!!! :)

I got it for my 5th birthday in 1984 :) Then I got Romeo Sprite for Christmas that year. Teehee!!

Awww! That pic of you and your RB doll is cute heehee!

I have many photos of some of my Rainbow Brite stuff when I was little. I have them in an envelope somewhere, but I have extras at my parents house. I will try to post them on here next week.

Image Image Image

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

I had and still have:
Dress up Rainbow Brite
Starlite
Puppy Brite
Romeo
Twink
A Little Golden Book Rainbow Brite and the Brook Meadow Deer
Happy Birthday Buddy Blue book and record
The Big Color Mix Up book and record

I acquired in recent years:
Spark
Rainbow Brite paper dolls
Rainbow Brite paper playset
Rainbow Brite coloring books
American and British Rainbow Brite books
Sunriser
The sailmobile
Kitty Brite
Paint A Rainbow In Your Heart album
Rainbow Brite Christmas album

I had but no longer have:
Baby Brite
The color cottage

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I didn't have any of the original RB stuff to play with because it didn't exist when I was growing up.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I didn't have a lot in the way of toys... only the small RB doll with Twink and Starlite.

But I had the entire bedding set, an extra blanket besides that, 2 sprite pillows (Champ and IQ, I believe), the yellow lunch box & thermos, some hair ties and a clip-on, some ViewMaster reels, the McCall's Halloween costume (my mom still talks about how much she hated making it... stuffing those separate tubes with cotton for the arm colors and the white trim!), the Paint a Rainbow in Your Heart album on cassette, the read-along cassette tape Big Color Mix-Up, and the hardback books Happy Birthday Buddy Blue, Rainbow Brite Gets Rescued, and Rainbow Brite and the Color Thieves. I think I had a couple of the frame-tray puzzles as well.

I also used to have my mom rent the Star Stealer movie & the 2 live-action videos from our small local video store constantly, back in the days of VHS tapes. She also taped the shows off TV for me, but I think some got recorded over. I still have on VHS the Monstromurk ep, Beginning of Rainbowland, Mom, Peril in the Pits, and Horse of a Different Color.

I remember in the years between losing my Paint a Rainbow cassette when we moved and getting the internet and finding the songs online... I was a teenager and watching other 80s cartoons taped off TV from when I was little. (Strawberry Shortcake, Rose Petal Place, etc)... and I found a Paint a Rainbow commercial. I started watching it over and over and I accidentally hit the record button. I was so upset. Now in the middle of the commercial it cuts out for about 3 seconds.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.