New Doll Delay

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: New Doll Delay

Post by SunSpire »

Regina wrote:Any clues on when they will be getting in Europe?
There are no plans for a release in europe at present.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

IndigoJoy wrote:Oh man this means I have to come up with a different request for Christmas gifts.
Toys 'R Us giftcards! ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote:Yep got to agree with the whole january thing. I honestly, truly hope that the dolls do not fail because of everyone's lack of money from Christmas. Its disappointing to know that a doll line like Rainbow Brite, which has so much potential to do great, is debuting at the wrong time.
This. This line is going to need more than just a couple of us with giftcards from Christmas to make it work. The general mainstream public needs to show interest, because that seems to be what is being banked on. These aren't specialty toys only made for collectors.

And who is going to go out and buy more presents for their children in January? If I had kids I know I definitely wouldn't unless one of them had a birthday.

Maybe things will be fine but I just have this bad feeling that the timing will be wrong and that the dolls won't be given a chance if they don't move quick. If Playmates or whomever realizes this and gives the line the time it will need to sell then that's all good. But if they only give it a couple weeks to a month and see that no one is buying toys (when really, I'm sure most people won't be buying ANY toys) and then drop it for the wrong reasons, that'll be disappointing. I'd rather they wait even longer than launch at the wrong time.

But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, here. I'm sure their sales analysts are on top of this and have warned the people in charge about what to expect with a January release. You'd think they would have it all figured out, a huge company like this. :/

That said we still have to see the new dolls. Maybe they won't be any good anyway. lol Or maybe they will be awesome.