OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Patreek

Re: OMG!! New RB Dolls for 2009!!

Post by Patreek »

I feel both excited about this and terrified. Obviously I really desperately want this property to come back but I would be pretty devestated if it did so like Sshortcake. I don't want a dora the explorer type rainbow brite cartoon or dolls. I don't want a brats tween inspired thing. Putting the color kids in "normal kid cloths" totally messes up the whole point... it takes away from the brilliant character designs.

I am not against a little updating but from what I see with SScake they took the really creative and imaginitive stuff out of it and left a kinda blah dora the explorer pbs husk. Its not magical and amazing anymore.

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

Also, while you should all click that link and send your feedback you should ALSO fill out the feedback that is attached to the article at the bottom. There are two places there to let our voices be heard. We REALLY need to actively do this.

SEGAGIGA

Post by SEGAGIGA »

I hope they make a version that looks so much like the original character designs and have articulation (at least 12 points) comparable to most action figures, but not as extensive as let's say...Marvel Legends.

I hope they also make the Characters from the Movie!

The only RB dolls I have are Murky, Lurky and Two sprites...I can finally have a chance to get them all! T-T

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

This makes me sad... i would have thought there would be more posts in this thread by now given this exciting news!!!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Patreek wrote:This makes me sad... i would have thought there would be more posts in this thread by now given this exciting news!!!
I think we just gotta face the fact that our forum isn't very active anymore, as sad as it may be, but that's not to say it won't pick up more activity in the future.

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

SEGAGIGA

Post by SEGAGIGA »

The first time I saw Playmates's SSC dolls I thought they were RB dolls. Out of pure excitement, I rushed in to check them out. I got so disappointed when I realized they're not RB, but never lost hope that a silver anniversary release will happen...

They better not get lazy and use the same molds for the dolls... :rbstar:

KissesoftheRainbow

Post by KissesoftheRainbow »

Personally I'm happy.....I'm also hoping they don't go for the tween look although it is such a huge market now....I'd love to see some of the accessories branch off with it like stickers, coloring books, etc......ooh I can't wait....it would be cool if they maybe made some more episodes on dvd....just as long as they stick to the original story line and don't try to modernize her like what the did with Strawberry Shortcake....they killed the whole thing with the dora look it ruins the nostalgia

SEGAGIGA

Post by SEGAGIGA »

Aside from dolls, an official DVD release of the original TV episodes would be great...packed with video material in celebration of her 25th year! A compilation of all TV specials, commercial ads and other TV appearances. Interviews with the voice actors/actresses and creators of the series.

I hope I have enough money come 2009, it's really exciting with all the possibilities... :rbsmile:

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I hope there are alot of things for next year. As for the new toy line-up, I believe (like everyone else here) they should stick to the original style from the 1980's and not something like the 1996 version.

Here is what they should remember:

1. Patty O' Green's bloomer panties as well as band-aids on her knees and patches on her boots.

2. Cannary Yellow has ona leotard with tights, leg-warmers, and ballet slippers.

3. Include all characters both good and bad.

Hopefully, Stormy, Tickled Pink. Moonglo. Krys, and Brian will be included.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

SEGAGIGA wrote:Aside from dolls, an official DVD release of the original TV episodes would be great...packed with video material in celebration of her 25th year! A compilation of all TV specials, commercial ads and other TV appearances. Interviews with the voice actors/actresses and creators of the series.

I hope I have enough money come 2009, it's really exciting with all the possibilities... :rbsmile:
The TV series has been released on DVD in USA, Australia (only 12 of 13 eps), Germany and Italy over the last few years. The german DVD version features interviews of some of the german voice cast but that's as far as the bonus material goes. The UK version has got no extras at all.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]