Stormy and Murky

FanChan

Re: Stormy and Murky

Post by FanChan »

It is a good idea ^_^ I'm glad I thought about this xD
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:LOL...you guys are great :) Although, maybe she wasn't always immune to them. Perhaps she figured out a way to become immune and that's how she escaped. So many possibilities :)
Yes, I had considered that as well...something like being exposed to them so much and trying to control her reactions. Or, she found some sort of potion in one of Murky's books that would create an antidote that she must take each day so that she doesn't fall back into his trap again
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I like that antidote idea. Stormy's such an epic character, she really is.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:I like that antidote idea. Stormy's such an epic character, she really is.
Yes, she is, and very interesting to study and write. She's stubborn enough that once she set her mind to something, she would be able to accomplish it. I don't doubt that she would be able to find an antidote, given time.

Murky may have taken her on, as her powers might still work in the Pits. I can't recall if this was shown in the show or not. I think it was, but I can't recall any specific episodes off the top of my head. It would make sense if they did since her powers have nothing to do with beautifying or making people happy
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Yeah, I'd think her powers work there. Moonglo's did, after all. The color kids don't actually have powers, if I remember correctly. They seem to be purely support for Rainbow.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Yeah, I'd think her powers work there. Moonglo's did, after all. The color kids don't actually have powers, if I remember correctly. They seem to be purely support for Rainbow.
Yeah I remember Moonglo's. The Color Kids and Rainbow are the only ones who would have no effect (I'm going to ignore the incident in the Mom episode where Rainbow's powers did work in the Pits). The Color Belt and star sprinkles would only work in the Pits if tampered with by Murky. As for Stormy, the Pits would be an ideal location to cultivate her powers and control of weather under the influence of gloom.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Hmm... I'm thinking back now.. Didn't her powers work during the Monstro Murk episodes, too? Or was that just because the river had been filled with star sprinkles? Hmm.

But I agree, that would be the perfect training ground for her.

You know. I've always wondered what happened to the last Rainbow Brite. She was 'defeated', but defeated how? What if she'd been corrupted? Hopefully you can follow my train of thought...

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Hmm... I'm thinking back now.. Didn't her powers work during the Monstro Murk episodes, too? Or was that just because the river had been filled with star sprinkles? Hmm.

But I agree, that would be the perfect training ground for her.

You know. I've always wondered what happened to the last Rainbow Brite. She was 'defeated', but defeated how? What if she'd been corrupted? Hopefully you can follow my train of thought...
I'm not quite sure what happened to her. There have been some stories that speculated that she lost against The Dark One in some way, or was tricked. The biggest problem with Rainbow Brite fanfiction is that many fics are never finished. The fandom is so small that this creates a problem. Someone on ff.net commented that there were only 99 fics in the RB section, and only 20 were finished. Some of the unfinished ones were really good too.

I'll check on the Monstromurk eps...I finally got a copy of the episodes from a torrent so give me a few to check it out and see what's up

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Sure thing. I've got them on a dvd, but it can only be played on my PS2 thanks to its region nonsense. Why can't the world have universal dvds and dvd players? And phones. I want a japanese phone. There are so many sweet games for them.

But I digress.

That is a shame about fanfics. I try not to publish anything online unless I know it's finished. Hearing feedback about something pushes me to finish, too.

With my doujinshi, I'm looking into the question of what happened to her. But now I'm finding the idea of a corrupted Rainbow Brite being removed of the position, then breaking free of her corruption, only to be left tainted, forced to work a different job.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Sure thing. I've got them on a dvd, but it can only be played on my PS2 thanks to its region nonsense. Why can't the world have universal dvds and dvd players? And phones. I want a japanese phone. There are so many sweet games for them.

But I digress.

That is a shame about fanfics. I try not to publish anything online unless I know it's finished. Hearing feedback about something pushes me to finish, too.

With my doujinshi, I'm looking into the question of what happened to her. But now I'm finding the idea of a corrupted Rainbow Brite being removed of the position, then breaking free of her corruption, only to be left tainted, forced to work a different job.
You can buy region free DVD players. Dunno how much they cost though.

Yes. I think a lot of it is because there's not a lot of feedback received. I researched a lot before starting a RB fanfic and knew that I couldn't leave it unfinished and needed to have a complete plot synopsis that was basic enough to leave me plenty of room for some fun with the fic.

I think one story had her corrupted by gloom that never went away and she escaped to a distant planet to serve out punishment for failing...it was interesting.

Anyway, yes Rainbow's powers are used in that episode, but it's still inconsistent. When she first escapes the rapids and finds Romeo and Starlite, the rainbow is very weak and cannot hold all three, yet later on the rainbow is able to hold Starlite, Rainbow, Brian, Red Butler, and Twink when entering Murky's lair. Stormy's should work well and could possibly be enhanced. If the gloom of the Pits keeps Rainbow's powers from working, then it would make sense that the gloom might be able to increase Stormy's powers