Do humans live on Rainbow Land?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Do humans live on Rainbow Land?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Oops! Forgot to answer the picture question. I do have the book and can scan the pages tomorrow if you'd like. There are star-shaped flowers on the ground, which would suggest it's in Rainbow Land. You don't see any distinct trees. The twins are not pictured, but the other children are and they're human children.

And that question mark is actually how it is in the book...I found it odd as well, but figured I should leave it the way it is in the text. Guess they didn't have very good editors...lol :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It would be nice to see the pictures if you have a chance to scan them in. Perhaps a picture/text study is in order and we can all see what we can spot.

On a sidenote, I'm really liking this sort of topic as it makes for interesting discussion on the board :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Will do :)

And I enjoy it as well. It's fans like you guys that keep RB new and interesting :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

very true indeed...we need more threads like this one to generate discussion...something like the discussion of episodes and things noticed and such.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

The fifth link didn't work, Katy.

And if the star-shaped flowers you mentioned are from that last one, I'm not so sure those are flowers, but I could be wrong. The landscape looks very Earth-y.

I thought of something else - if they were in Rainbow Land, why would Rainbow have to hide herself? You'd think living in RL, they'd know who she was and she wouldn't have to be peeping in windows or doing things sneakily.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

FanChan wrote:The fifth link didn't work, Katy.
My bad! It should work now.
I thought of something else - if they were in Rainbow Land, why would Rainbow have to hide herself? You'd think living in RL, they'd know who she was and she wouldn't have to be peeping in windows or doing things sneakily.
Hmmm...good point.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Oooh, definitely see the star-shaped flowers now. I'm definitely going to have to say this piece of work is kind of obscure in relation to the rest of the series.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I see the orange flowers too, but I don't think they are meant to be star shaped to represent Rainbow Land. I have seen orange flowers before like that, but I don't remember what kind. Also, the style of clothing the children wear is very earth-y... not like the spacey sort of clothing that is worn in the show or like the same ones the Color Kids wear.

Adria

Post by Adria »

WOW!!!
I have never EVER thought about Rainbow Brite this way, living on planets ect.
To me she kinda lives in the sky, you can't see her, but she is looking down, colouring the earth. From what i have seen in the series She always seems, to becoming from the clouds to Earth, to see Brian and when Brian travels back up, it never seems like a huge distance.

Is that like a realm?? I have never been into sci-fi. Does this make me a sci-fi fan now?