Extras for my 6 year old and our Rainbow party pics.

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Loose dolls are much cheaper than MIB dolls, and if she's gonna want them out of box anyway, I would buy loose. And on a side note, if you like to talk Strawberry Shortcake, check out my SSC board! LoL! www.strawberrysforeveryone.com

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

yazbelle wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:.

Anyway, there are two sellers offering a good choice of boxed Gen 1 dolls at the moment with prices starting around $50 US.

Good luck with collecting and most importantly, have fun!!!

Not to sound dumb, but what do I type in the ebay search? Where is the $50 thing you're talking about. Sorry. :blush:

Nothing dumb if you have to ask a question. It's only dumb if you ask the same question over and over.

Type Rainbow Brite into the search window and hit Enter. Set the dropdown in the upper right corner to Time Ending Soonest or similar and hit Enter. Everything ebay has will display with one that ends the soonest at the top of the list. At the moment there are over 20 pages of listings with 50 items per page. Just scroll down and at the bottom of the page you'll find a way to get to the next page and so on. If you see something you're interested in, add it to your Watch List. At the end of the last page you can go to My ebay and you'll see everything on your list. You can bid or buy now in some cases or just wait for it to get close to the end time before doing anything. For collecting, go for the boxed dolls. For something that your daughters can play with, get loose dolls in nice condition with all of their clothes and maybe their little sprites as well. Avoid the junk that's out there. If you have questions about boxed items that are up for sale you can ask me about them but please give me the 12 digit Item Number so I can have a look before replying.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

If you click this link it'll take you directly to the Rainbow Brite search results on Ebay :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

i bought something!!!! They're not in the box, but I'm still excited. I was almost about to buy a BNIB item yesterday, but while I was emailing the seller about "how much" is shipping, somebody bought it. It was a good deal too!! Oh, well. Here's what I won today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Thank you so much!!! I don't know much about what I got, but it seems the Violet girl is a good deal. My daughter doesn't care, just the different color dress thing.

Now, last question, what do I type in the search for the compile DVD movie thing? A vague search brings up so many movies, which one do y'all recommend? My daughter just asked me about a RBB movie, literally as I'm typing this... hehehe :P .

{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

You got a great deal on those 3 dolls!! Congrats!! Shy Violet and Baby Brite are from the vintage generation 1 line. Patty O'Green is from the 2003-2004 generation 3 line. They're all so cute and in great condition!

I haven't seen the complete Mexican set on Ebay lately (at least not on American Ebay). But if you type in "Rainbow Brite DVD" you'll probably find Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, which is the full-length animated RB movie from the 80's. It rocks :bg:

Here are a few links to get you started:

http://catalog.ebay.com/Rainbow-Brite-a ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rainbow-Brite-Brigh ... 2eb0329590

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAINBOW-BRITE-AND-S ... 5889a73405

You'll probably want to avoid the "Rainbow Brite Collection" from Australia, as it won't play in American region 1 players. Same with the sets from the UK, Germany and Italy. This one is a bootleg, but if you don't have a problem with that, you can buy it :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rainbow-Brite-Speci ... 51955568f0

I'm missing a couple of the foreign sets, but I've got a pretty complete video guide here:

http://www.rainbowbrite.net/collect/videos.html
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

AMAZING!!! YAY! Off to find her a DVD. Bummed about the green doll not matching, hopefully the size isn't too noticeable. We'll just play that Patty is the "Big Sister" or if we get the smaller (gen 1) Patty, we'll call her "Polly" hehehe.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Left to right you got Shy Violet, Baby Brite and Patty O'Green. The first two are original 80's dolls and the other one is from the third generation, 2003-2005. They all look to be in very nice condition.

Put Rainbow Brite in your search window and hit Enter. Normally on ebay, you'll find ways to limit your searches along the left side of the screen. You'll see categories like Dolls & Bears, Toys, Clothes, DVD & VHS, etc. followed by a number. The number tells you how many are in each category. If you click on the category name you'll get only the items in that category. Another way do do this is to type in Rainbow Brite DVD or Rainbow Brite VHS. If you have an all region (region zero) DVD player you can watch DVDs from anywhere as long as they are in a language that you understand and they are compatible with your TV. North American TV uses the NTSC broadcast system and most of Europe uses PAL. A multi-system TV will solve this problem. I know that the earlier 3 volume DVD set from the UK (England) is region-free but it is PAL system. I don't have any info on the current UK set that recently went on sale. Besides English, Rainbow Brite DVD sets have been released in at least French, German, Italian and Spanish (from Mexico, so compatible with US players and TVs).

Hope that helps.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

yazbelle wrote:AMAZING!!! YAY! Off to find her a DVD. Bummed about the green doll not matching, hopefully the size isn't too noticeable. We'll just play that Patty is the "Big Sister" or if we get the smaller (gen 1) Patty, we'll call her "Polly" hehehe.

There is a large version of Patty O'Green that was made in Gen 1. She's the same size as your new Shy Violet doll and a little bigger than Baby Brite. There's also a large version of the original Rainbow Brite doll as well. But those three are the only ones that were made in that size, which is 18 inches.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

yazbelle wrote:AMAZING!!! YAY! Off to find her a DVD. Bummed about the green doll not matching, hopefully the size isn't too noticeable. We'll just play that Patty is the "Big Sister" or if we get the smaller (gen 1) Patty, we'll call her "Polly" hehehe.
Aww, the differences aren't that noticeable - especially to kids. They'll fit together fine :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

mistic_imp

Post by mistic_imp »

wow cute party!! I love how you did the rainbow cake!! ( I'll have to keep that in mind for my b-day next year LOL)

So the new dolls were discontinued?? that sucks!

I was looking for them all over my area and finally ended up buying one on ebay.
If any one does have other dolls or the sprites for a good price please PM me.

I was excited to see RB return for a new generation even with her differences from the vintage version.

SHE was always my fav doll line growing up.