New Dolls spotted at Target

Rainbow Brite UK

Re: New Dolls spotted at Target

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Confirmed:

They ARE out! (See main page for more photos)

Price $19.99 USD

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Awesome. I'll definitely be on the lookout for them then. That 15 inch doll looks pretty good close up.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Not that bad !
Eyes are cute and i like the belt.
I do not like the lips.
;-)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Her face looks too different to be Rainbow Brite IMO, and the hair color is different too. The 20th Anniversary doll from Hot Topic looks more authentic but then again it wasn't meant to be an exact replica so I guess it is okay. If Playmates actually announced and advertised them properly they might have a chance to be recognized but to tell the world they come out in spring '10 isn't exactly winning customers.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

The 15 inch one is cute. I think it is cuter than the smaller ones. I'm looking foward to seeing them in person.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

No offense to the new modern version but....she has a identical face to my Tinker Bell doll....exactly the same. I'll have to take a picture of her later to show you...i dunno why some companies use ONE generic face for everything. That being said..she's still cute but I think i'd rather get the hot topic one as it is not identical to my Tink doll lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I was able to find a couple of 15" RB's, a small RB and a Moonglow at my local Target. I have friends online who have found Tickled Pink, so I'll be shopping around for her once the in-laws go home. I was at least able to sneak away for a few minutes to take some pics:

http://thehailes.smugmug.com/2009/New-R ... ite-Dolls/

Enjoy!! Will take more soon...it was getting dark so I had to quit...lol

BTW, we stopped by Toys 'R Us as well and didn't see any. I really like them in person! Especially the 15" doll!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

In those pics, I noticed something I hadn't before. Most likely because there haven't been any close up pics of the dolls before this. The stars in Rainbow's eyes and the moons in Moonglow's. Nice touch! that is an awesome little detail to add. ^^

I looked all over for those dolls before work today. I made sure to check both Targets in town and even Toys R Us. Nothing. I guess my quest will resume tomorrow.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:In those pics, I noticed something I hadn't before. Most likely because there haven't been any close up pics of the dolls before this. The stars in Rainbow's eyes and the moons in Moonglow's. Nice touch! that is an awesome little detail to add. ^^

I looked all over for those dolls before work today. I made sure to check both Targets in town and even Toys R Us. Nothing. I guess my quest will resume tomorrow.
Toys 'R Us's online website has not released anything about the dolls. They update with their new releases each evening and Rainbow has not been part of the dolls and stuffed animals category. Nothing on ebay yet either, which is surprising. I'm sure someone could make a pretty penny by being the first to have a doll up there.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Katy, I appreciate that you make your images easily downloadable.

Boy, am I glad that I didn't ask for Toys R Us gift cards for Christmas!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.