RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Rainbow Brite
Admin

RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Rainbow Brite »

According to a fan who asked at a Meijer store, they are expecting to carry the RB horses starting January 19th. Sadly, these stores only exist in 5 states (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan). So if any of you live in or near these states, please start keeping your eyes open next week to see if this is true. To find your closest store, click here:

http://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp

I hope they'll be selling them online too! Looks like Playmates Toys dealing exclusively with Target/Toys R Us on this line has been thrown out the window.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Re: RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Aquarius »

Rainbow Brite wrote:According to a fan who asked at a Meijer store, they are expecting to carry the RB horses starting January 19th. Sadly, these stores only exist in 5 states (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan). So if any of you live in or near these states, please start keeping your eyes open next week to see if this is true. To find your closest store, click here:

I hope they'll be selling them online too! Looks like Playmates Toys dealing exclusively with Target/Toys R Us on this line has been thrown out the window.

I don't understand. Nothing that they are saying in their articles are very accurate. I'll keep a lookout and ask at Toys R Us and Target here and hopefully find out if they are going to be put on the shelves anytime soon.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

That's weird that they'd pick a store that's only in 5 states to place them in first. Targets are everywhere; that made sense. Are they picking a specific area to market?

I'd be interested to see the horses though... the prototypes looked so cheap so I'm wondering if that has been changed.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:That's weird that they'd pick a store that's only in 5 states to place them in first. Targets are everywhere; that made sense. Are they picking a specific area to market?
Another brilliant Hallmark marketing strategy? :rolleyes:

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

*sigh* My Meijer is half an hour away. I know, I know, at least I have one nearby. But I don't think I can pick anything up for anyone because I just don't have the money to do it. I know I'd be paid back, I just don't have the money/credit in the first place, or I'd be happy to help out.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Rainbow Brite wrote:According to a fan who asked at a Meijer store, they are expecting to carry the RB horses starting January 19th. Sadly, these stores only exist in 5 states (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan). So if any of you live in or near these states, please start keeping your eyes open next week to see if this is true. To find your closest store, click here:

I forgot to ask, is it only these stores in these 5 states that they are going to be selling them? Or is it just one of the store chains that will be selling them?

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

So on the 19th, US time, someone open the link in the original post, put Rainbow Brite in the search window and hit Enter...
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I forgot to ask, is it only these stores in these 5 states that they are going to be selling them? Or is it just one of the store chains that will be selling them?
No idea :( Playmates has not been very forthcoming with details of where/when we'll see these dolls, sadly.
So on the 19th, US time, someone open the link in the original post, put Rainbow Brite in the search window and hit Enter...
That won't necessarily tell us anything. Target still doesn't have them on their website even though they have them in stores.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:That won't necessarily tell us anything. Target still doesn't have them on their website even though they have them in stores.
Although you can tell that more people are trying to search the Target site for them. You get a lot more Rainbow Brite related terms when you do a search.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

Did anybody get a chance to check a Meijer store today?