How old is the original Rainbow Brite character?

Anime Fan

How old is the original Rainbow Brite character?

Post by Anime Fan »

I mean the character, not how long the doll has been around. The new Rainbow Brite is supposed to be ten, but I have no idea what age the original Rainbow Brite was (She sure looks young, both the doll and in the animation.) Anybody know?

Chibi Rachy

Re: How old is the original Rainbow Brite character?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I don't think there was any set age given for Rainbow. I peg her around 7-8 years in physical appearance. I follow the non-aging theory so I'm of the mindset that while her body is physically that of a child, she is really much older mentally.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Anime Fan

Post by Anime Fan »

Yes, I know that most assume that the original Rainbow Brite is immortal, but I was asking about her physical and mental age (that is, how old she appears to be in terms of mind and body development, not necessarily her literal chronilogical age.) She is so sweet! :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Anime Fan wrote:Yes, I know that most assume that the original Rainbow Brite is immortal, but I was asking about her physical and mental age (that is, how old she appears to be in terms of mind and body development, not necessarily her literal chronilogical age.) She is so sweet! :)
Well as I said in my previous post, physically she appears to be 7 or 8. Mentally is tough to place anywhere. I wouldn't say she's as old as the creation of civilization, but she seems older than a normal human. She cared for Rainbow Land before the Earth came under her care.

If you prefer the non-aging theory, there is a fan created timeline of events with the years given.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Mighty Monstromurk Menace always gave me the impression that Rainbow was a few hundred years old. But that could have been wrong.

When I was a kid I believed that maybe Rainbow wasn't human, and that her race maybe just looked like kids. Either that or her status as RB keeps her from aging as a job requitement.

But... I guess not... :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:Mighty Monstromurk Menace always gave me the impression that Rainbow was a few hundred years old. But that could have been wrong.

When I was a kid I believed that maybe Rainbow wasn't human, and that her race maybe just looked like kids. Either that or her status as RB keeps her from aging as a job requitement.

But... I guess not... :P
Oh yes. I forgot to mention the Monstromurk quote, which pegs her at least 700 years old. It is undetermined how close that event happened to her arrival in Rainbow Land

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I think that the original Rainbow Brite and the Color Kids look to be four or five years old, in other words, pre-schoolers.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!