NEW ANIMATIONS!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: NEW ANIMATIONS!!!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Ok, so what is that big white castle with the colored tower tops? It can't be the Color Castle, since it was shown in "Return to Rainbow Land" looking like the old castle. Strange. And the pink castle in TP's segment? Surely each character doesn't have their own castle now. Or do they? Hmmmm.

The animation itself and voice acting seemed better to me in these new segments. What do you guys think? And the mystery villain is driving me crazy! LOL

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Star Sprinkles grow on trees now?? Plock's seed finally worked! LMAO
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

It could be the new "color mine", maybe even the "color console?"

I'm happy to see these new animations, my opinion, it looks like it's gonna be pretty cool, I really like it :)

Image Image Image

BTW, its look like she uses both her scepter and her belt.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Yeah I not a fan of the new Color Castle, or the Star Sprinkles growing on trees. But the big thing bothering me is the way Rainbow and Starlite were basically flying over the rainbow instead of Starlite actually running on the rainbow.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I'm not going to repeat any of the flaws mentioned before (cos you know what they are), they've actually worked hard to make this look cool, I like all the little special effects they added (Pretty amazing for Flash). Even the logo animation is strangely neat. It's not going to be the Rainbow Brite many of us would have hoped, but at the same time I believe it's not going to be a complete failure either .... am trying to say I can see how this might appeal to younger audiences.

A proper cartoon would get rid of the jerky character animations and then it may just look awesome, we'll see :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

I'm a bit perplexed...

Are these just meant to be previews for something far grander, or are these (edspecially Trouble in Rainbowland) essentially "episodes?" Everything was getting thrown at the viewer really fast, and if I didn't know the original series, I would've been awfully confused by what I was seeing. The story was frighteningly impulsive.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Drat I go to school and come home to find this... Anyway my turn!

The animation and voice acting do seem better this time around. It's a lot better than before, though it can still be improved.

That white castle appears to be a new version of the Color Castle. It's the same castle in Tickled Pink's segment, but I think because it's white, it's reflecting the colors of the sunrise. Perhaps after Rainbow rescued the other two from this "villain", changes were made? Each section of the castle had a different color; perhaps the Color Kids reside here.

That villain clip at the end of the Trouble segment made me think of that one old cartoon... I think it was SWAT Kats who had a similar way to end. You only saw bits of the villain and heard him, but never saw him. I think it's the right shwo at least. The one I'm thinking of had the villain turned around in a chair like that, petting a cat.

Still partial to Tickled Pink and I do like the animation that goes with her wand, as well as some of the shots from the shorts, such as Moonglow looking up to the sky with the fireflies.

One thing I really didn't like was the movement of the horses. Seemed speeded up and I'm guessing that might be because of the video format they are using?
Starvoyager wrote:I'm a bit perplexed...

Are these just meant to be previews for something far grander, or are these (edspecially Trouble in Rainbowland) essentially "episodes?" Everything was getting thrown at the viewer really fast, and if I didn't know the original series, I would've been awfully confused by what I was seeing. The story was frighteningly impulsive.
On the contrary. I think that seeing this without knowing a thing would only get someone more curious, and make them want to know what was going to happen next. Even knowing the original story, I'm intrigued. If they keep improving with each animation release, they might actually pull something new off.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

My personal opinion :

The three new short animations for rainbow,moonglow and tickled pink are quite nice.
The other clip (trouble in rainbow land) is also interesting and after watching it you have a lot of questions ...

The effects were interesting,the environment looks better here.
The logo is awesome ... also nice thrilling music
The only things I disklike : rainbows voice (she sounds definitely too old )
[... the voices of the other two charas are great .. I really like moonglos voice....]
I can t help myself ... but these big fat angelina jolie lips look lousy ( too mature and absolutely not cute )
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

Hooray, hooray! New animations! I noticed during the animation that showed the Villain's chair there is a big stylized M on it. Could it be Murky's chair?

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Oh lawd. I wonder what I will find when I click that link? I'll tell you my thoughts later. Maybe. lol

I'm not too mean, am I? :P