Concerned Fan of Rainbow Brite‏

TheWendybird

Re: Concerned Fan of Rainbow Brite‏

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:.... I hate it when I'm right.

Yet we're still trying to find the dolls.....are we hypocrites? lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

TheWendybird wrote:

More or less to see if they somehow look better in 3D, kinda the same way some people look completely different in photos vs in person. Other than that, we're obviously doomed. I knew we were in troubled waters the moment the first image of the redesigned RB was released.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:

More or less to see if they somehow look better in 3D, kinda the same way some people look completely different in photos vs in person. Other than that, we're obviously doomed. I knew we were in troubled waters the moment the first image of the redesigned RB was released.
I mostly want Moonglo as you know....even tho she looks totally different...I just love her hair color lol But I loved the pink too! AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Should we buy some sweet looking blond doll and I make a Rainbow Brite dress for her and then we'll have a better "barbie style" Rainbow Brite? I've thought of doing this multiple times...I thin I told you about it in private. Should we try it? There are a lot of generic blond dolls out there if I remember right who prably have much more innocent faces ;)
*~*~Krista~*~*

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Starvoyager :

Sigh

... I somehow prove you right !

( Your avatar is so cool ! ;-) )

@ TheWendybird :

Creating a custom doll by using the new rainbow s dress sounds interesting ! :-)

... I think manny fans of old rainbow are in a chicken-and-egg situation at the moment !

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Just because they slightly changed the name of the Color Kids doesn't mean they're gonna suck. Sheesh! I'm just glad they haven't totally done away with them like we originally feared! I can't wait to see what the boys will look like :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Just because they slightly changed the name of the Color Kids doesn't mean they're gonna suck. Sheesh! I'm just glad they haven't totally done away with them like we originally feared! I can't wait to see what the boys will look like :)
Oy. I'm starting to see some of the same stuff here that I've been witnessing over at Rangerboard for MMPR and it really irks me that some are ready to jump the gun and judge things before much has been released. They reversioned MMPR and added stuff to it making it retro comic book style in some points. Some of the changes are downright silly, but S&P (Standards and Procedures) for today is a lot different than 1993. Disney wanted to take a comic book style approach with it and they did. Yes, it's downright cheesy what they did and some of it seems quite stupid. Some of it was to pass S&P. Blows to a human aren't as passable. Sure, some of the reasons for changing it are different than with Rainbow. They didn't redesign the show from the ground up.

What we have to remember is we are not the target audience. It's for girls that are younger, not the fanbase. They didn't do this only for the fans. They brought it back to target a new generation. Old Rainbow would not survive if they remastered the series. Perhaps even the designs would not work so well. You do get an older cartoon feel when watching it. At least, I do. Sure, the new designs feel lacking in places, and I don't get how they'll make the continuity work, but hey, maybe they won't. If it is younger kids we are targeting, how many are gonna pop on youtube to watch old Rainbow Brite eps? You'll get some, but not a majority.

New Rainbow does not take away the feeling one gets from old Rainbow. Old Rainbow is still there, just as you remember her growing up. She's been changed for today's generation, and like it or not, the style for girls is rather...supergirly. I don't much care for it, and I'll crit things when I see examples of the designs, but certainly not jumping the gun based on text. Making the Kids Color Wave Kids seems a rather interesting concept. Now we're really bringing in some science here. Maybe the Kids have a more scientific purpose this time around. Would seem to make sense if they educated us, since they want one of the goals to be to get others to lend a hand.

Yes, I'm aware that my attitude has changed somewhat on the subject, but really, I've been reading such bull on MMPR that I'm fed up with jumping the gun on bits of text. And hey, the dolls aren't so bad in person either. They're actually pretty good save for the few flaws brought up in the thread about them.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

Rachy I was about to say the same thing here. Though I do agree in the fact that we are not the audience these companies wish to reach. If things where kept they way the older fans want them to be, then face it guys.

We'd be up the creek minus all the paddles and boat. I guess it goes with every fandom that when something changes everyone complains. Maybe it's just the way things are meant to go when it comes to re releases.

I don't see much wrong in the look of the dolls really though I am just a picky fan who needs a life. Kinda like most of us here really need to stop the whining and see what new things will come of this. The idea of a somewhat role change for the Color Kids cannot be as bad as oh say. Murky and Lurky becoming good guys and saving the world from some random thing.

Even if that happened would you all still complain about that? My best bet would be a resounding yes, and that's what makes me sad about fandoms these days. It's also why alot of older fans might also be scared to join any kind of forums.

..Kinda like how I'm kinda scared to post here sometimes..Yes I've seen the fights that break out on here from time to time. You know how you guys come off.

Anyways, my point is that THEY ARE JUST DOLLS! Toys nothing more and according to some good friends of mine. They're not that bad to boot. So please everyone..QUIT THE WHINNING!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Wolf Ranger :

The reason why people are whining with passion here is because here is the place where there is a chance to find people who have sympathy for this form of whining ! ;-)
Do you know what I mean ?

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Starvoyager :

Sigh

... I somehow prove you right !

( Your avatar is so cool ! ;-) )

@ TheWendybird :

Creating a custom doll by using the new rainbow s dress sounds interesting ! :-)

... I think manny fans of old rainbow are in a chicken-and-egg situation at the moment !
Actually none of it is going to incorporate anything from the new dolls. I'm going to try and find a cute blond haired doll and sew her a Rainbow Brite outfit more along the lines of classic Rainbow but with the more pre teen Barbie type of style if you know what I mean. But I have to find the right doll with a face that I like before I can make the dress. I love to sew stuff and use to make Barbie stuff all the time when I was little :)
*~*~Krista~*~*

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ TheWendybird :

Ahhh ... now I understand what you mean ...

sorry...my skills of understanding the english language sometimes hits the wall ! :-)))))

I think this sounds fascinating too ... when you really try it out please show us ! :-D