kookie

Re: Concerned Fan of Rainbow Brite‏

Post by kookie »

so they will have the color kids sometime

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

kookie wrote:so they will have the color kids sometime
Nobody knows. This time around they seem to be focusing on a core group of girls. It's been speculated that Stormy may be another character they bring in due to the board they show in the animation. There's a storm cloud. All the other icons correspond to Rainbow, Tickled Pink, and Moonglo. It's all just speculation though of course. So far, we can only depend on these core three, their horses, and their sprites.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

kookie

Post by kookie »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Nobody knows. This time around they seem to be focusing on a core group of girls. It's been speculated that Stormy may be another character they bring in due to the board they show in the animation. There's a storm cloud. All the other icons correspond to Rainbow, Tickled Pink, and Moonglo. It's all just speculation though of course. So far, we can only depend on these core three, their horses, and their sprites.
oh no they said they would, look up at the beginning of the post, i posted the letter they wrote back

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

kookie wrote:Hi i'm new to the Rainbow Brite forum. I decided to write to hallmark and this is what I sent. These are just my thoughts and concerns so sorry if i offended anyone.

"Hi,

Wanted to let you know how disappointed I am in the new Rainbow Brite cartoon (also a lot of friends too).

The 80's Rainbow Brite brought so much joy into a lot of kids lives, with the little round childlike faces of the characters. The outfits aren't even close. Why couldn't the voices (audio) try to match too? Great shock to hear Starlite's new voice (eek!). The girls characters sound fine but wasn't to keen on Twinks either. The new intro song is at least descent. Has the same feel as the 80's.

Is this a Sailormoon cartoon? I don't believe Rainbow Brite transforms into Rainbow Brite with a wand. She could have transformed when she went to Rainbow land over the rainbow (just a thought). I don't think Tickled Pink has a horse either. The pink horse was some wild horse in the mountains. Also why do the kids have to look grown up. It seems like Rainbow Land would be a magical place that they stay kind of young. If you look at the 80's characters compare the Color Kids and Brian. Totally different in height and facial qualities (color kids don't have the real world look).

The story seemed like it might be interesting but the artwork and animation are horrible. Also where are the Color Kids (color friends and sprites)? Where they voted off the island?

Concerned Fan,
-kat"

Received letter:

"Hi, Kat:
Thank you for taking the time to provide input on the new Rainbow Brite. We
appreciate feedback from all of Rainbow Brite's fans!

Our story continues some time after it left off. While Rainbow is a little
more grown up, she is still the same girl with the same mission - to bring
color and light into the universe. Our artists, writers, animators and many
others put their hearts and souls into her re-launch...and we're very
pleased with the resulting characters.

To answer your specific questions - the color kids will eventually
re-surface as color wave kids. The sprites will still be around, though
their duties have changed a bit. When they're incorporated in product later
in the year, the details of their responsibilities will be communicated.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Sarah"

The color kids will re-surface as "Color wave kids?" Is this true?

What do you all think about this?

And what are they talking about the sprites? Their duties changed a bit?

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I wanna know what the heck a color WAVE kid is....???
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

kookie

Post by kookie »

bet all the girls are going to have wands.

yep that was written to me. so sad, scared to see what they come out with now. also notice how they didnt show the villian? what is she going to look like a supermodel gone bad?

haha another fan, kidding, also a blog, almost all comments are negative

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

kookie wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:
oh no they said they would, look up at the beginning of the post, i posted the letter they wrote back
Ah you have to tell us that cause if we've already read the thread before, chances are we aren't going to go back and reread everything again before posting.

Until I see what exactly they mean by their changes to the Color Kids and Sprites, I'm not gonna say anything. Can't say much on a few sentences given, and I'm not going to start commenting until pictures and info start surfacing. Then I'll comment, just as I did with the three core characters. I'm sure there will eventually be reference pics and more backstory before the toys, as well as animation. Perhaps (on the off-chance) it'll even make some kind of sense.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The redesigns of the 80s rainbow charas I made show how I imagined a possible sequel.

http://rainbowbrite.net/wallpapers/best ... charas.jpg

I was also shocked because of the extreme change of the art-style Hallmark made ...
but now I just think that it is also interesting to see how they evolve the new rainbow universe.
I personally doubt that they are able to create an comparable epic impression which the old series had.

Absolutely not acceptable would be if they ignore the original cast.
They could make brownie points by creating additional new characters with a creative aura ...

the barbie-like-style of the new rainbow charas ........... It simply takes getting used to it !

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

"Color Wave Kids" Ok what?! The changes keep getting worse the more we hear about them.

Sorry I am not satisfied. This is the real Rainbow Brite: Image
Made By: Tennyo

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

.... I hate it when I'm right.