is any 'classic' stuff going to come out with the relaunch?

Sarah

is any 'classic' stuff going to come out with the relaunch?

Post by Sarah »

Hey, does anyone know if any 'classic' rainbow brite stuff will come out with the new relaunch? It's supposed to be the 25th anniversary, so I'm really hoping that have some of the 'old' rainbow brite. Does anyone know? : )

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: is any 'classic' stuff going to come out with the relaunch?

Post by SunSpire »

Not to rain on your hopes, but I doubt that. One reason is the strong focus of companies to modernise everything to suit today's audiences, the other that Mattel isn't involved in the making of the new line and I don't know if someone else would be allowed to reproduce any of their classic designs. 25th anniversary, people thought in a similar way when rainbow brite was 20 and toyplay acquired the license for new dolls .. it didn't go very far.

All that being said, let's hope I'm wrong! lol

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

well, since it seems that hallmark is involved, it might help. and when Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake stuff was relaunced, they had a lot of 'classic' merchandise available, especially at Carlton Cards. Now you can't really find the orignal Care Bears (unless it's on the net), but you can still find original Strawberry Shortcake stuff if you look hard enough. : ) So I'm still hoping! : )

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

oh! and to add to my optimistic hopes. Most stuff that has had a 25th anniversary, does seem to have special products, and this is very true for many of the 80's chartoons - My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears etc. : )

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

That's actually true, but most of it winds up in the bargin bin within a years time.

*Squeal* but still a vintage look Moonglow would be awesome!