Strange things about the cartoon.

J3llyb3ans

Strange things about the cartoon.

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Looking on Wikipedia, I discovered something that I never knew. The Beginning of Rainbowland was made after Peril In the Pits and Monstromurk. So it was pretty much a prequel made after there were already two specials. It makes me wonder what kind of ideas the writers were entertaining before this, for possible origin stories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Brite

I'm also left thinking that the first season was meant to be longer. If you look at it, the first season of the tv series was only 8 episodes. The other specials added to it, make 13 episodes. It seems likely that there should have been more episodes to complete it. It makes one wonder if it was ended prematurely for some reason.

Anyone else wonder about this?

*This subject may have been covered already. If so, my apologies. Just let me know*
Last edited by J3llyb3ans on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tennyo

Re: Strange things about the cartoon.

Post by Tennyo »

I actually never realized this. That is quite interesting.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yeah, it's one of those small pieces of info. I knew about it, but when I was first introduced to Rainbow Brite, the person who introduced me told me to watch Beginning of Rainbow Land first...can't remember why.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Looking on Wikipedia, I discovered something that I never knew. The Beginning of Rainbowland was made after Peril In the Pits and Monstromurk. So it was pretty much a prequel made after there were already two specials. It makes me wonder what kind of ideas the writers were entertaining before this, for possible origin stories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Brite

I'm also left thinking that the first season was meant to be longer. If you look at it, the first season of the tv series was only 8 episodes. The other specials added to it, make 13 episodes. It seems likely that there should have been more episodes to complete it. It makes one wonder if it was ended prematurely for some reason.

Anyone else wonder about this?

*This subject may have been covered already. If so, my apologies. Just let me know*

Wouldn't it be so awesome if there were such things that were made that was never aired and forgotten about and someone found it in some old studio or something?

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Aquarious wrote:Wouldn't it be so awesome if there were such things that were made that was never aired and forgotten about and someone found it in some old studio or something?
Oh yes! That would be so awesome. Maybe someone who works at said studio is going through old videos and finds the lost episodes. Suddenly there's a huge announcement that the entire series including the lost episodes will be released on DVD or something along those lines. :D

pinkpuff

Post by pinkpuff »

TV show episodes are not always aired in the order they are made. The list on wiki shows their air date, not their production date.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

pinkpuff wrote:TV show episodes are not always aired in the order they are made. The list on wiki shows their air date, not their production date.
That's something that I didn't take into consideration, but it's one of the things that always bothered me about US television. Shows would end up being aired out of order, even if they followed a specific chronology. so perhaps a bit of research is required to find out if The Beginning of Rainbowland was made first.

Still, the actual tv series episodes number 8 in total, only with the previously aired specials does that make 13 episodes, which still makes me wonder if the show was discontinued too soon. if I remember correctly these tv episodes were made after the specials. although checking dates in ending credits might be the best bet.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I'm not sure about when it was made. Katy or RBUK may be able to help. Peril in the Pits did air first as far as I know. On the torrented DVD I have, the person lists Beginning of Rainbow Land first. On the boxsets on ebay, Beginning of Rainbow Land is also first
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

It would make sense that the DVDs would have the episodes in chronological order. Out of curiosity, are any of the box sets of the show official releases? I know there are some unofficial versions out there, that may be lacking in quality.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Popcorn Studios (I think that's the name) is the boxset sold on ebay. I think it's official, but I'm unsure. It does have the data of a studio on it. I know my torrented DVD is not official. It was just something someone put out there for others to have.