Rainbowbrite.com is live

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by SunSpire »

Anyone noticed there's no mention of Murky Dismal And Lurky anywhere? Seems like the new main villain is the Evil Princess (based on the information we have so far)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

The voice that bothered me most was Starlite's. I mean, can't they try to get the guy they had back in the 80's? Unless he's dead or not interested I don't see why they couldn't. :/

Also I just don't like the whole, "Rainbow went back home to her family and now is grown up." If they wanted to create an AU with older looking characters that's one thing, but I just don't like where they are taking the story now.

But as has been said before I hope this means that there will be a plot, with villains, and some semblance of what they had back in the 80's. I'm not expecting an exact rehash, but just something that's actually good. :/

@Sunspire: I noticed the lack of Murky and Lurky. If they aren't around I will be a bit saddened, but that won't be the make or break point. HOWEVER, we do get to see The Pits in the vid, so maybe they will be around. Maybe the "Dark Princess" is the princess from Star Stealer and Queen of the Sprites?
Last edited by Tennyo on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Tennyo wrote: Also I just don't like the whole, "Rainbow went back home to her family and now is grown up."
Hey I was actually surprised she wasn't holding a laptop in her hands ;)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Oh, you mean Wisp out on her porch? I guess I never thought of that. Yeah I'm glad she was doing something a bit less trendy and cool with today's kiddies. XD

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I really don't understand how Rainbow could just 'miss her family and leave being Rainbow Brite behind'. She cared too much about what she did to just up and leave. And if the Sky Powers are so important to bringing colour to the universe, how could she just leave? :p Wouldn't they need a replacement?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:The voice that bothered me most was Starlite's. I mean, can't they try to get the guy they had back in the 80's? Unless he's dead or not interested I don't see why they couldn't. :/

Also I just don't like the whole, "Rainbow went back home to her family and now is grown up." If they wanted to create an AU with older looking characters that's one thing, but I just don't like where they are taking the story now.

But as has been said before I hope this means that there will be a plot, with villains, and some semblance of what they had back in the 80's. I'm not expecting an exact rehash, but just something that's actually good. :/

@Sunspire: I noticed the lack of Murky and Lurky. If they aren't around I will be a bit saddened, but that won't be the make or break point. HOWEVER, we do get to see The Pits in the vid, so maybe they will be around. Maybe the "Dark Princess" is the princess from Star Stealer and Queen of the Sprites?
I had wondered that too about the princess and considered she might be the main one. Of course, a mention of diamonds would have been a nice point to let us know if it was or not.

Rainbow just going home doesn't seem right. Seems too forced. It's a plot device not very well covered up. I would find it more believable if some villian hadn't caused her to lose her memory and sent her to Earth to live with some random family. But as Fanchan has told me, it's putting too much hope into a kid's show, which is true. It's just the fanfic author in me shining through XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I like the idea of a villain making her loose her memory and people from Rainbowland needing to try to remind her who she was. :) Bring back that shining ball of light that first brought her to Rainbowland or something to do it. :)

However, I'm more down with the idea of just starting fresh with an AU story. Keep Rainbowland the same, but have a modern girl be whisked off to Rainbowland. I think you could pull it off and not only make fans of the old-school happy but also give it the update that it needs to to survive in this day and age.

An AU would also be a good way to make the characters older. It's a better way, in my opinion. :/

But you're right, I think I'm just putting too much faith in a kid's show. It's too much to ask for animators/story writers to actually do something good nowadays. :/

pinkpuff

Post by pinkpuff »

A plus for epic
A for character design
D for animation
F minus minus for voice acting

Bonus points for no Murky and Lurky
Bonus points for faceless villain
Bonus points for retro Rainbowland

Overall, I enjoyed it. I do hope they make a cartoon. That'd be pretty awesome, though if they do I hope they get better voice acting (not likely I know, but I can dream!).

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Did you notice how the coloring pages are not pdf files?

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Rainbow Brite might have left to go home intending to stay for a short vacation, and the villain (whether it's the princess or not) may have somehow made her forget. After all, in the video Tickled Pink said "She doesn't remember us? What have you done to her?"

I would love to see Stormy and the Color Kids, but they may just be testing the waters right now to see how well the new franchise sells. Kind of like how in 2004 they only made Red Butler, Canary Yellow, and Patty O'Green. And Kitty Brite!

You know, I'm sure you've all already noticed this, but I think I missed the fact that Sunriser now has a gold sun on her forehead instead of a white heart. Maybe I already knew that, lol, and I just forgot.

It seems weird to me that on the front page of Rainbowbrite.com, the characters are all smoothly generated, but on the Meet the Characters page, they are in a different style with black outlines. I don't hate it or anything, it's just an inconsistency. I like the front page style better.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.