Rainbowbrite.com is live

IndigoJoy

Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by IndigoJoy »

The new site's up!

https://www.rainbowbrite.com

There are videos! A new theme song!

This just in: Puppy Brite exists in the new franchise! Moonglow calls him PB!

They are also referring to Moonglow's sprite as Nite Sprite, not just Nite!

The rainbow has 7 colors now instead of just 5!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by SunSpire »

To celebrate the launch of the new site I've added some new avatars to the boards. You'll find them in your control panel's profile under "change avatar" and then navigate to the folder "newrainbow"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Seems cute, and I like how they have a pic of old-school Rainbow for the history section. But I just don't know...

Since when has Puppy Brite been a girl?

And that animation...is there going to be a new show and that's what it's going to be like? Is that how it's going to be animated?

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Nitpick. *eye twitch*

BUT I did breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when they showed us Rainbowland. THEY DIDN'T CHANGE IT! :D

But wow, Starlite's voice. :(
Last edited by Tennyo on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Tennyo wrote:Since when has Puppy Brite been a girl?

I always kinda thought of Puppy Brite as a girl ^^;

edit after glancing at the site: She looks pretty awful, though o.o;; Tickled Pink's voice makes my eye twitch, though at least now we have confirmation that they've put her in charge of the sunrise and sunset.
Last edited by FanChan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

And there is a new theme song! Download it for free from the official RainbowBrite.com as well as other goodies!

NEW THEME SONG LYRICS

Will you lend a helping hand?
Then take a trip to Rainbow Land

Catch the next Rainbow into space,
and help make the universe a brighter place.

You can brighten someone's day...
Adventure's just a rainbow away!

A new world awaits you, so hold on tight!
and join the adventure with Rainbow Brite!!!!!

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I always assumed that Puppy Brite was a boy. :/

Oh I forgot to add, I lol'd a bit when Rainbow transformed. Henshin a go go, baby! XD

It's like Sailor Moon, and haven't a lot of people said a Sailor Moon-esque anime would be a good revamp for RB? :)

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Tennyo wrote:I always assumed that Puppy Brite was a boy. :/

Oh I forgot to add, I lol'd a bit when Rainbow transformed. Henshin a go go, baby! XD

It's like Sailor Moon, and haven't a lot of people said a Sailor Moon-esque anime would be a good revamp for RB? :)

I never really thought magical girl transformations would be a good move for Rainbow Brite. But even if that's the road they took, the visual appeal still needs to match. I... I can honestly say now that I am extremely disappointed with the media side of this. I wanted to cry a little after watching the video. I've never seen animation so bad, and to pass it off as Rainbow Brite... I think South Park animation is more appealing, and they're just construction paper. *sigh* I have little hope for the products after this. Hopefully little kids find it more appealing than I do.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Yes, so I'm not alone! I was afraid to go too far with my fangirl cynicism.

But yes, I'm hoping it's just an intro vid for now that that they will EVENTUALLY CHANGE IT!

Also the designs are okay but I've never really been a fan of this new art style. :/

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Tennyo wrote:Yes, so I'm not alone! I was afraid to go too far with my fangirl cynicism.

But yes, I'm hoping it's just an intro vid for now that that they will EVENTUALLY CHANGE IT!

Also the designs are okay but I've never really been a fan of this new art style. :/

It's not even really the designs, it's just so poorly animated. CG is supposed to be the future, makes things easier, cheaper, look smoother, etc. But if this is what cheap CG looks like, ugh. I'll do without it. Can no one in the animation world use an actual pencil instead of a stylus anymore?

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I never really thought magical girl transformations would be a good move for Rainbow Brite. But even if that's the road they took, the visual appeal still needs to match. I... I can honestly say now that I am extremely disappointed with the media side of this. I wanted to cry a little after watching the video. I've never seen animation so bad, and to pass it off as Rainbow Brite... I think South Park animation is more appealing, and they're just construction paper. *sigh* I have little hope for the products after this. Hopefully little kids find it more appealing than I do.
The video is completely animated in flash which explains its awkward animation style, leaving that aside it still looks pretty awful to me tho. A new TV series would probably be in the same style as Strawberry Shortcake, if not from the same animation studio even.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]