New Doll Delay

Rainbow Brite
Admin

New Doll Delay

Post by Rainbow Brite »

My contact at Playmates Toys just informed me that there's been a slight delay with the toys and now they won't be in stores until January. Darn! I was really looking forward to giving my niece one for Christmas. Oh well. I'm gonna be camping out in Target and Toys 'R Us come January! lol
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Watercolor
Admin

Re: New Doll Delay

Post by Watercolor »

All I care is that they SHOW UP....ToyPlay promised so much that never delivered. So...here's hoping. Honestly it looks GOOD to me. :)

*runs of and listens to more Pomplamoose Music*

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Watercolor wrote:All I care is that they SHOW UP....ToyPlay promised so much that never delivered. So...here's hoping.
Very good point! Hopefully this means they're spending that extra time getting it RIGHT this go around :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Regina

Post by Regina »

Any clues on when they will be getting in Europe?

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Aww man, as much as I don't mind waiting this better not mean that people won't be buying them since they have no money left from Christmas and then this is a deciding factor in making everyone think that no one likes RB anymore and that they should just drop it. :/

They might as well wait, I think. January is not a good time to be releasing new toys, I would think.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Watercolor wrote:All I care is that they SHOW UP....ToyPlay promised so much that never delivered. So...here's hoping.
Very good point! Hopefully this means they're spending that extra time getting it RIGHT this go around :)
Just a warning about Playmates dolls that Strawberry Shortcake stuff made there looked fishy and fans of 2004 Strawberry hated the big heads, scent changes and all characters looked the same or similar. Seriously, Frosty Puff and Blueberry Muffin had the same box art. The Playmates Disney Fairies are better in looking different and better because Playmates took more time. There are not many plushes as the only Strawberry Shortcake pets produced were Pupcake, Custard and Marza Panda and the only Disney Fairies plush I have seen are Tink and Rosetta. Playmates toys are usually higher quality than the others and that makes them hard to find. (Trust me on this, had hard time finding Winter 2008 Ginger Snap) Most Playmates toys are plastic with fashion doll-like bodies. Playmates usually does not sell toys outside of the US. Let's hope Rainbow Brite turns out better because they took more time...

(sorry if it is rambly or off- topic, this is typed out late at night)

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Tennyo wrote:Aww man, as much as I don't mind waiting this better not mean that people won't be buying them since they have no money left from Christmas and then this is a deciding factor in making everyone think that no one likes RB anymore and that they should just drop it. :/

They might as well wait, I think. January is not a good time to be releasing new toys, I would think.
My grandma lives a few states away and by the time I get gift cards, it is January

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I agree with what others have said: January is a really poor time for a product launch. I, too, was looking forward to these dolls being on the shelves before Christmas. But as long as they are released eventually and are of high quality, I shall be satisfied.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Oh man this means I have to come up with a different request for Christmas gifts.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Yep got to agree with the whole january thing. I honestly, truly hope that the dolls do not fail because of everyone's lack of money from Christmas. Its disappointing to know that a doll line like Rainbow Brite, which has so much potential to do great, is debuting at the wrong time.