The New Rainbows belt... just like the original belt.

Tilas

The New Rainbows belt... just like the original belt.

Post by Tilas »

Anyone else notice that the new Rainbows belt... is just like her belt in "Peril in the Pits" when Murky takes Rainbows belt and wears it? It really never made sense to me the way they drew it in that story, especially cause it looked NOTHING like her actual belt. Honestly, how DID that work... it totally changes size and shape when she took it off. It would have made more sense for it to be the new Rainbows belt!

...oh, and does anyone like my new avatar? I was clipping through the episode looking for a good shot of the belt when I paused it on that frame of Starlite. It made me laugh so hard I had to use it. XD
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

Tennyo

Re: The New Rainbows belt... just like the original belt.

Post by Tennyo »

Yeah I never understood the logic of her belt changing in the episode, either. Even when I was a little kid it bugged me. XD I remember feeling so relived when I saw that it didn't change in Star Stealer!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It never made sense why her belt did that. The only reason I can think of was that it conformed to her will, but this being a kids' show, it was probably just a plot device to make the action work. They did add more colors on the new belt.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

LOL as well it was probably an animation mistake ^-^"

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

One big episode long animation mistake. XD;

Just like how when in the same episode Murky has the belt, but it's clearly seen on Rainbow just before she climbs the rope after him. :P
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

LOL

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

You got to love animation mistakes. There everywhere in 80's cartoons! :)

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote:You got to love animation mistakes. There everywhere in 80's cartoons! :)

tell me about it (: the Care Bear episodes Music Video and Last Laugh have plenty

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tilas wrote:One big episode long animation mistake. XD;

Just like how when in the same episode Murky has the belt, but it's clearly seen on Rainbow just before she climbs the rope after him. :P
I think the first time I saw that ep back in January I stopped and rewatched it because it was too unbelieveable. Although, if you think of the belt conforming to Rainbow's wishes, then she's got some awesome belt! I'd want one!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Well this is what you get when you outsource your animations as I'm sure a lot of 80's cartoons did. You get different people working on different parts to cut time and they don't always jive or know what to do.

This an episode of MLP where two ponies are talking and suddenly in one scene their voices/speech switch bodies! XD