Hard Body Sunriser

Regina

Hard Body Sunriser

Post by Regina »

You know like every single RB item has the date 1983 or 1985 etc. marked on it with hallmark inc etc.?
I have an hard body Sunriser but no date or hallmark inc to be found anywhere...
Can anyone tell me if their ones has it or is it normal not to see it?

Star Stealer

Re: Hard Body Sunriser

Post by Star Stealer »

If my daughters box wasn't in storage, I'd tell you.

I'm not going to be near the place for 3 weeks at least.

I think it's 84 actually but don't quote me on that.

Regina

Post by Regina »

Star Stealer wrote:If my daughters box wasn't in storage, I'd tell you.

I'm not going to be near the place for 3 weeks at least.

I think it's 84 actually but don't quote me on that.
Hi, thanks so do you think the date is only on the box, not on the horse itself? My Sunriser does not have a box and I can't see the date on her!

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

I have Sunriser in her box, and the box reads 1983 Hallmark Cards, Inc. There is nothing written on Sunriser herself because such a marking would ruin her looks. All of the Rainbow Brite items have the copyright 1983. That was the year that the merchandise line came out on the market, so it was when a license was acquired for all items, regardless of their real introductory year. Sunriser was actually made in 1986, the year that the line was discontinued.

Regina

Post by Regina »

Thanks for letting me know :)! I started wondering as normally all the items have a date marked on them, not just on the box. I am relieved now. It crossed my mind that it might have been just on the box but wanted a confirm as you never know what you get when buying on ebay!

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

Is the Sunriser similar to the plush Starlight, obviously difference being this one has a harder body? Can someone post pics? Thanks. :)
Made By: Tennyo

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Starlight_84 wrote:Is the Sunriser similar to the plush Starlight, obviously difference being this one has a harder body? Can someone post pics? Thanks. :)

There she is. As you can see, not exactly like the Starlite plush :p

"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

BabyDoll

Post by BabyDoll »

Since Sunriser was made using the mold from a Barbie horse it's likely that her date (which, if she has one should be tucked on the inside of one of her thighs) may be from as far back as the 70's!

Edit: I should also note that because she is flocked the date imprinted on the plastic may not be readable underneath the flocking.

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

FanChan wrote:
Starlight_84 wrote:Is the Sunriser similar to the plush Starlight, obviously difference being this one has a harder body? Can someone post pics? Thanks. :)

There she is. As you can see, not exactly like the Starlite plush :p

Thanks for sharing a pic. :) She's kind of neat, like a Barbie horse as someone had suggested or a Dream Beauty. I think that's what they're called anyway.
Made By: Tennyo

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I actually had two of the Barbie horses that were that mold. I miss them T-T Something else I got rid of at yard sales when I was in my 'growing up' phase. Rosebud and....oh, what was the name...hmm... Desert Runner? Hm. Now I can't remember. Rosebud was my prize horse, though. Whenever I played with my horses, she was always the one in charge. My best friend got her for her birthday or Christmas or what not, and my mom got her for me the next time presents were in order.

At least I kept my Grand Champions and MLPs ~_~
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.