Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

FanChan

Re: Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

Post by FanChan »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Erm, actually I can understand where he is coming from. There's a point where you have to feel comfortable with it as well. I wouldn't down his friends because of that alone. Not everyone can be completely comfortable with everything. I mean, I'm sure everyone has had at least one time where they choose not to wear something around a particular group for whatever reason.

Yeah...there's a not-so-fine line between being comfortable and happy with yourself and functioning in society. I'm quite comfortable wearing underwear, but I don't like people seeing me buy some or put 'em on. And it's only recently since leaving my teenage years that I don't mind being seen by myself in a toy store or in the toy aisles at big stores. But I also still wouldn't wear my chinese dress around regular people xD
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

If I had a chinese dress, I'd wear it around normal people. It's just a different style, that's all. If anyone made fun of you they'd be bullies and they shouldn't matter to you.
I mean, I'm sure everyone has had at least one time where they choose not to wear something around a particular group for whatever reason.
Not me. The only time I haven't worn something at a certain place or group is because my parents or teachers forced me too, and I'm still angry about those times.

Also, this is MUCH different than underwear. Underwear is kinda sexual related, so I could see how that would make someone uncomfortable. Just wearing a different color, style, or having a doll or toy is totally harmless.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I can understand guys not wearing rainbow brite or girly things. But for girls I can not get that. I have been collecting since I was in grade 6. I always told people I collected ponies and Rainbow Brite and so forth. It is what I love I'm sure as heck not hioding that! They can get me stuff! It is part of my personality. Every single person I know knows I collect it. No one has any right to make fun of who you are, they aren't your friends then. It is simple.

I wander toy aisles all the time even in foreign ciuntries who the heck cares. There are more concerns for people these days than seeing you in a toy store aisle or seeing you with a cartoon character on your shirt.

It isn't highschool anymore if you don't wear something you don't like around a group of people then obviously you do need to to hand out with diffrenet people.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:I can understand guys not wearing rainbow brite or girly things. But for girls I can not get that. I have been collecting since I was in grade 6. I always told people I collected ponies and Rainbow Brite and so forth. It is what I love I'm sure as heck not hioding that! They can get me stuff! It is part of my personality. Every single person I know knows I collect it. No one has any right to make fun of who you are, they aren't your friends then. It is simple.

I wander toy aisles all the time even in foreign ciuntries who the heck cares. There are more concerns for people these days than seeing you in a toy store aisle or seeing you with a cartoon character on your shirt.

It isn't highschool anymore if you don't wear something you don't like around a group of people then obviously you do need to to hand out with diffrenet people.
Now this I do agree with. I'm not a girly girl, and never have been. However, I've always worn my favorite shirts. I was wearing my Digimon shirts in high school and collecting the toys. Many of my shirts I still wear today are from late middle school/early high school. I've switched out some shirts for plainer ones. My room is one of overstimulation and all my stuff is displayed proudly. Too many stuffed animals though XD My Rainbow doll is displayed on my dresser, and Stormy is proudly displayed in her box on the bookshelf.

As for what I meant about certain things ,well I wouldn't wear my print shirts if I were going out somewhere that didn't require it, or I wanted to be taken more for my age. The reason I say that is because I look 14 as it is. If I'm chaperoning or coaching, I'd want to look a bit older. I love looking younger, but I also like being taken seriously when needed.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

*C9* wrote:I can understand guys not wearing rainbow brite or girly things. But for girls I can not get that. I have been collecting since I was in grade 6. I always told people I collected ponies and Rainbow Brite and so forth. It is what I love I'm sure as heck not hioding that! They can get me stuff! It is part of my personality. Every single person I know knows I collect it. No one has any right to make fun of who you are, they aren't your friends then. It is simple.

I agree with you mostly, except as a guy I'm not afraid to show my kind, gentle, and childish side. Many guys feel threatened by that, it's a biological thing that I think mother nature needs to get rid of. But that's why most of my online friends are girls. And god bless the rare few guys that are like me that way! :)

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

This most certainly true. I collect Teddy Bears and I'm 41 years old (but then again, that's what I get for dressing up as a couple of bears when I was younger). I also hit the toy stores and sections when I look for any cars I might collect as well. My age and gender put me at a disadvantage when Rainbow Brite first came out. But I think it should be a matter ones' own personal right to enjoy anything with out any bias.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

FanChan wrote:
Yeah...there's a not-so-fine line between being comfortable and happy with yourself and functioning in society. I'm quite comfortable wearing underwear, but I don't like people seeing me buy some or put 'em on. And it's only recently since leaving my teenage years that I don't mind being seen by myself in a toy store or in the toy aisles at big stores. But I also still wouldn't wear my chinese dress around regular people xD

My interest is now peak xD. Sorry Fanchan but I would actually love to see that :)

It's not that I would be made fun of. It's just that's not my person style (if I even have one.) Keep in mind I own several Sailor Moon dolls, and I am still trying to find a vintage RB doll that I like.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Wolf Ranger wrote:My interest is now peak xD. Sorry Fanchan but I would actually love to see that :)

Yeeah, I'm sure you would. Alas, I am not one who enjoys drawing attention to myself by wearing something so flashy. I haven't worn it since my Junior Ring ceremony, and I wish I hadn't worn it then because of all of the attention it got ((and of course mom had to wear a chinese outfit as well -.-; )). I like dressing nicely, but not flashy. It's one thing for a guy to wear a nice, crisp pink polo or button-down, but to go out with all kinds of rainbows outside of a hawaiian shirt, well, it attracts a good bit of attention, and rarely for the better.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:It's one thing for a guy to wear a nice, crisp pink polo or button-down, but to go out with all kinds of rainbows outside of a hawaiian shirt, well, it attracts a good bit of attention, and rarely for the better.
Unless they're at a Pride event...then they blend right in. Sorry, I really couldn't resist... it is Pride season so I've seen lots on it recently.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

FanChan wrote:
Wolf Ranger wrote:My interest is now peak xD. Sorry Fanchan but I would actually love to see that :)

Yeeah, I'm sure you would. Alas, I am not one who enjoys drawing attention to myself by wearing something so flashy. I haven't worn it since my Junior Ring ceremony, and I wish I hadn't worn it then because of all of the attention it got ((and of course mom had to wear a chinese outfit as well -.-; )). I like dressing nicely, but not flashy. It's one thing for a guy to wear a nice, crisp pink polo or button-down, but to go out with all kinds of rainbows outside of a hawaiian shirt, well, it attracts a good bit of attention, and rarely for the better.
I'd love to see it too.... :)