Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

TheWendybird

Re: Press Release: Two Colorful Programs for Rainbow Brite

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:Haha actually I was just kidding with her about the fact she doesn't like the look of the footwear in the new design but yes shoes WOULD be nice..and you know what i'd really like? Boots that look like Rainbows...oh lordy!
Well, maybe we'll see some costumes for halloween...for once maybe at least the little kids can outshine that slutty version that's been around for years.

Oh gawd yes! We can dream can't we? hehe I have a goal to make a Rainbow Brite costume one of these days...one that actually looks good lol I sew by hand though so it could be a long term job but it would be well worth it! :)
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

*C9* wrote:I wonder if it will be like the Care Bears and SSC that carlton did, where they sold old skool products in store like plushies and ornaments (which i loved) while selling some new stuff too but mostly retail chains had the new. I wouldn't mind that at all *drools thinking about Tickled Pink old skool merchandise*

Yay for Tickled Pinkeeeee!!!

So anyways... yeah, this is cool that they haven't forgotton the old rainbow brite. I hope they make old-style dolls, and I hope they do a stormy. I'm sure everyone does. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:At this time it only seems to be "junior apparel" or clothing, but with both images around we may see dolls too.
Well I'd hope so. If they're keeping the original design around for the benefit of the original fanbase, you'd think they would give us something a bit more tangible than clothing we obviously can't fit into. :rolleyes:

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Starvoyager wrote:Well I'd hope so. If they're keeping the original design around for the benefit of the original fanbase, you'd think they would give us something a bit more tangible than clothing we obviously can't fit into. :rolleyes:

Exactly TT_TT I wanna wear Rainbow Brite stuffs... I never did buy any of the shirts that were in Hot Topic way back when.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

FanChan wrote:
Starvoyager wrote:Well I'd hope so. If they're keeping the original design around for the benefit of the original fanbase, you'd think they would give us something a bit more tangible than clothing we obviously can't fit into. :rolleyes:

Exactly TT_TT I wanna wear Rainbow Brite stuffs... I never did buy any of the shirts that were in Hot Topic way back when.
I want a Rainbow Brite t-shirt :(
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Oh, I had just Twittered this to Katy but I see it's already here. Never mind!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:
*C9* wrote:I wonder if it will be like the Care Bears and SSC that carlton did, where they sold old skool products in store like plushies and ornaments (which i loved) while selling some new stuff too but mostly retail chains had the new. I wouldn't mind that at all *drools thinking about Tickled Pink old skool merchandise*
And don't forget with the old skool footwear ;) hehe
Oooh...shoes would be nice...I could actually wear them! XD
OMG they're not really "Rainbow Brite" but my local Wal-Mart has been carrying some awesome rainbow-colored shoes that I would just love to have if they only came in my size! They seem to be in kids' sizes though. Maybe if they're still there next time I go to Wal-Mart I'll take a pic!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

Well I can ee the excitment in here is at peak. I'd love to see some retro RB stuffs, but I am sure as hell never wearing a rainbow colored T-Shirt..I have enough issues as it is! Though maybe an old school style rainbow doll for me would be ok. So long as none of my idiot friends are there when I buy it.

That I would never hear the end of. -_-()

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Well I can ee the excitment in here is at peak. I'd love to see some retro RB stuffs, but I am sure as hell never wearing a rainbow colored T-Shirt..I have enough issues as it is! Though maybe an old school style rainbow doll for me would be ok. So long as none of my idiot friends are there when I buy it.
I have some friendly advice for you.... be a little stronger minded! I don't know why people ever wonder if "their friends would make fun of them". If your friends would make fun of you for wearing a rainbow t-shirt or having a doll, then they aren't your friends anyway. Friends don't make fun of friends. You should search for some different friends that would be kinder to you and accept you for who you are. If YOU like the idea of a rainbow tshirt, then wear one, regardless of what your so-called friends think. Be true to yourself and your heart! :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
I have some friendly advice for you.... be a little stronger minded! I don't know why people ever wonder if "their friends would make fun of them". If your friends would make fun of you for wearing a rainbow t-shirt or having a doll, then they aren't your friends anyway. Friends don't make fun of friends. You should search for some different friends that would be kinder to you and accept you for who you are. If YOU like the idea of a rainbow tshirt, then wear one, regardless of what your so-called friends think. Be true to yourself and your heart! :)
Erm, actually I can understand where he is coming from. There's a point where you have to feel comfortable with it as well. I wouldn't down his friends because of that alone. Not everyone can be completely comfortable with everything. I mean, I'm sure everyone has had at least one time where they choose not to wear something around a particular group for whatever reason.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire