Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

Chibi Rachy

Re: Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Wow, so I didn't realize the 2004 stuff even payed attention to Tickled Pink! I assumed they were just rainbow, red, patty & canary like the dolls... so yeah that's cool!
I believe it's the Friends Forever coloring book that it's in. It's one of my favorite coloring books because it shows all the Color and Special Kids.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Dialga-Brite wrote:Wow, so I didn't realize the 2004 stuff even payed attention to Tickled Pink! I assumed they were just rainbow, red, patty & canary like the dolls... so yeah that's cool!
I believe it's the Friends Forever coloring book that it's in. It's one of my favorite coloring books because it shows all the Color and Special Kids.
thanks, I'll have to consider checking it out! :D
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

BabyDoll wrote:Very nice. I really want to see what the actual dolls look like. To me, that is the true test of the quality of this new generation of Rainbow Brite. I like that this is not about trying to replicate the minutiae of the original Rainbow Brite, but rather to take the ethos of the idea and try a new approach with it. Sort of like the new 'Star Trek' movie.

That's a fair comparison. I think it's interesting to see different takes on a particular series/concept. The new Rainbow should be no exception.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Major Ursa wrote:I also felt this would be like Star trek. I mentioned in anoter topic on the same issue where the new Rainbow brite would be like The Next Generation version of Star Trek. Som older fans may object while others are willing to give it a chance along with any new fans.

For any non-trekkies reading this, ST:TNG = Star Trek the Next Generation - ST:ToS = Star Trek the Original Series

Well... to make that analogy fit, this new RB is to classic RB, what the new Star Trek film (rather than ST:TNG) is to ST:ToS. And therein lies the problem. I'll give the new film credit for one thing, it was quite entertaining. But beyond that, it was somehow... empty. There was othing particularly thought-provoking, and while classic Trek had some sense of a civilized society, the new film kinda felt like "Cavemen with high-tech toys." Even the even-tempered Spock now beats people up on emotional whims. ST:TNG stood on the foundation of ToS. The new movie demolishes that foundation and starts all over again. That's what I see Hallmark doing now. Don't kid yourself. This is a reboot, not a sequel.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Starvoyager wrote:Don't kid yourself. This is a reboot, not a sequel.

Thank-you. That's precisely how I've been wanting to put it >.<
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Watercolor wrote:I like the new designs. Every action and change makes perfect sense.

Except the god awful boots that don't fit with Pink or Moonglo. Moonglo's are the worst I hope they give her some decent footwear.

I completely disagree being one who is in fine arts and creates designs myself. I find them to be half....

I don't think Hallmark came up with these well at least the real people at at hallmark I think it it has got to be some bob and joe in a board room trying to think stuff up. The Sunriser and Pink sun thing hardly makes sense.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Except the god awful boots that don't fit with Pink or Moonglo. Moonglo's are the worst I hope they give her some decent footwear.
I don't see what's the big deal about the boots.... they're only a small part of the character's design. They don't stand out as awful when I look at them.

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

*C9* wrote:

They are the same boots that "Rainbow Brite" and the other color kids wore in the 1980s. The only characters to not wear "Shoes" were Lala Orange, Indigo ( both wore Sandles), Canary Yellow (Ballet slippers), and Shy Violet and Moonglow wore Mary Janes.

Now they wear the same shoes as Rainbow Brite, which is highly more practical then prancing around in Mary Janes all day, and it's also better suited for when riding a horse.

Horse riders often wear tall boots and high socks. (does the fashion choice start to make more sense now?)
*C9* wrote:

I completely disagree being one who is in fine arts and creates designs myself. I find them to be half....

Half? Doesn't seem like you finished a thought there. :) It's okay though, as long as this new generation of children enjoy them, I'm all for it. So far I find them very warm and cheerful. People can disagree on fashion and art as the day is long, but it's the kids choice at the end of the day. I'm not going to be one to rain on their parade. My "Rainbow" shown 25 years ago...she has faded...this is a NEW "Rainbow" for others to enjoy, and for us to reflect on...At least when I look at her I know who she is...unlike the 1997 release.
*C9* wrote:

I don't think Hallmark came up with these well at least the real people at at hallmark I think it it has got to be some bob and joe in a board room trying to think stuff up. The Sunriser and Pink sun thing hardly makes sense.

I still think it does. It's like they are having to "Finish" the job that was done when designing the characters to begin with. Tickled Pink and Sunriser were just sort of..."Thrown" in to the second season (Post movie release) and didn't really have a purpose...I like that they are finaly given one. Sunrises are "Pink". :)

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

As for boots it hardly matters what is practical. Only Patty and Rainbow had the shoe boot thing happening. Pink had full boots which looked nice for a change and I liked her boots very much. And Moonglo it gicves her more of a dantiy appeal and they don't have saddles so boots are hardly a factor as much as anything that goes in the show.

The boots look tacky and don't go with the dresses of the other two. They remind me of Patty's boots which were like sports shoes.

Sorry if I'm complaining >.> I just have strong opinions on the boots. I really love Sunriser though even though she isn't the same she looks really pretty. I'm hoping for a heart on her forehead but I guess won't happen.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I really love Sunriser though even though she isn't the same she looks really pretty. I'm hoping for a heart on her forehead but I guess won't happen.
How is sunriser not "the same"? She doesn't look much different to me.... only thing is we can't see if she has a heart but she's still a pink horse like she always was...