Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

*C9*

Re: Pics of the new Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Sunriser and Sprites

Post by *C9* »

Maybe we can email them and beg them to change Moonglo's hair and colors >.> and those god awful boots. Their faces are lame too.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

*C9* wrote:Maybe we can email them and beg them to change Moonglo's hair and colors >.> and those god awful boots. Their faces are lame too.

Aw, but I like her blue hair..... do what you wish though. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:Maybe we can email them and beg them to change Moonglo's hair and colors >.> and those god awful boots. Their faces are lame too.
XD Another redesign I take it? I'd risk saying "it couldn't get much worse", but then I know that with my luck I'd be proven wrong
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

If the merchandise is this close to being released, I doubt they'll change it now. Maybe if they release Stormy, they'll focus a bit more on the green in her original outfit, and that'll make her a bit different than the new Moonglow.

What I miss about Tickled Pink is her many colors... now it's just a couple of shades of pink and some yellow.

I notice the necklines on their dresses are all different - Rainbow's is a V, Moonglow's is straight across, and Tickled Pink's is curved.

I don't really have any complaints about the look of them so far (yeah, they do remind me of the newer Polly Pocket)... I mean, we knew they wouldn't stick to the original design. The now-old, new Strawberry Shortcake wasn't bad, but I don't like the new, new SSC that's coming out this fall as much. Let's wait for the dolls... maybe the look will grow on us. :)

And I agree, I miss the color kids!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:If the merchandise is this close to being released, I doubt they'll change it now. Maybe if they release Stormy, they'll focus a bit more on the green in her original outfit, and that'll make her a bit different than the new Moonglow.

What I miss about Tickled Pink is her many colors... now it's just a couple of shades of pink and some yellow.

I notice the necklines on their dresses are all different - Rainbow's is a V, Moonglow's is straight across, and Tickled Pink's is curved.

I don't really have any complaints about the look of them so far (yeah, they do remind me of the newer Polly Pocket)... I mean, we knew they wouldn't stick to the original design. The now-old, new Strawberry Shortcake wasn't bad, but I don't like the new, new SSC that's coming out this fall as much. Let's wait for the dolls... maybe the look will grow on us. :)

And I agree, I miss the color kids!
It'd be nice if they'd spotlight the green on her. I wonder if they'd change her hair color as well...

I did notice the neckline thing. I guess it was one way to keep their outfits from being completely the same. I'm sure that with time we'll become more accustomed to the look, but I still don't think I'll care much for Moonglo's.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:It'd be nice if they'd spotlight the green on her. I wonder if they'd change her hair color as well...

I did notice the neckline thing. I guess it was one way to keep their outfits from being completely the same. I'm sure that with time we'll become more accustomed to the look, but I still don't think I'll care much for Moonglo's.

I know everyone's probably really excited that Pink is involved, since her purpose and identity has always been the vaguest. But she really seemed to be a bad choice for this. If not for Pink being one of the three, Moonglo would probably look much more like the classic one. Two girls in pink for this smaller lineup would seem too 'imbalanced'.

What I wonder is why they didn't just pick Canary for the sun. It makes plenty more sense.

And this brings me to my next thought.. Stormy wearing green bothers me even more than Moonglo wearing blue. The new Moonglo is more like what a Stormy facelift should've been. Green is just completely wrong for someone who is essentially an air/sky elemental. If anyone is wearing that deep blue, it oughta be Stormy.

And if Moonglo still needed a change (and I will admit... Moonglo's old outfit really doesn't reflect her job at all), why not silver/white?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Starvoyager wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:It'd be nice if they'd spotlight the green on her. I wonder if they'd change her hair color as well...

I know everyone's probably really excited that Pink is involved, since her purpose and identity has always been the vaguest. But she really seemed to be a bad choice for this. If not for Pink being one of the three, Moonglo would probably look much more like the classic one. Two girls in pink for this smaller lineup would seem too 'imbalanced'.

What I wonder is why they didn't just pick Canary for the sun. It makes plenty more sense.

And this brings me to my next thought.. Stormy wearing green bothers me even more than Moonglo wearing blue. The new Moonglo is more like what a Stormy facelift should've been. Green is just completely wrong for someone who is essentially an air/sky elemental. If anyone is wearing that deep blue, it oughta be Stormy.

And if Moonglo still needed a change (and I will admit... Moonglo's old outfit really doesn't reflect her job at all), why not silver/white?
Why wouldn't green work for Stormy? Not a bright green, but the sea green on her classic outfit with the darker pink. I understand the color scheme idea, but the blue/purple doesn't fit quite well either...If I'm going to think of a color scheme for what I'd think of it I thought of a storm, I'd think of Murky's colors. That's me though.

I'm really not eager to see another character redesign that has a complete disregard for the classic version beyond the powers the Kid originally had. If they're gonna redesign it in this current style, at least leave some semblance to the original. Don't give me another character like Moonglo where all you've done is kept the belt and power and label it with that name. Anyone could do that.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I agree. It seems they should have started with Stormy if they NEEDED to start with a purple/blue doll, given her Moonglow's current colors, and then brought in Moonglow later... or done all 4 at once. But, it seems it's too late now, so who knows what will become of Stormy's coloring. Maybe a lighter blue? But lighter blue skies are usually associated with sunny days, not stormy ones... *boggles*
I'm really not eager to see another character redesign that has a complete disregard for the classic version beyond the powers the Kid originally had. If they're gonna redesign it in this current style, at least leave some semblance to the original.
Agreed. I really don't understand the whole Tickled Pink having a sun wand thing. Is she supposed to be in charge of the sun now?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:
I agree. It seems they should have started with Stormy if they NEEDED to start with a purple/blue doll, given her Moonglow's current colors, and then brought in Moonglow later... or done all 4 at once. But, it seems it's too late now, so who knows what will become of Stormy's coloring. Maybe a lighter blue? But lighter blue skies are usually associated with sunny days, not stormy ones... *boggles*
I'm really not eager to see another character redesign that has a complete disregard for the classic version beyond the powers the Kid originally had. If they're gonna redesign it in this current style, at least leave some semblance to the original.
Agreed. I really don't understand the whole Tickled Pink having a sun wand thing. Is she supposed to be in charge of the sun now?
That's what we surmise. Or at least, sunrise/sunset. I guess we'll find out when the dolls are released.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I couldn't resist writing a bit of fanfic airing some concerns about this: Redesign Woes.

Also, I'm going with mom tomorrow to check another Walmart and take a look inside the Hallmark store at the mall to see if they've got anything. I'll report back if I find anything.