Sprite Question

Chibi Rachy

Sprite Question

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All right so I can't remember this particular detail and I wanna use it for my story. What is the old method of mining color crystal before the factory and mine cart track were built? In my story, the sprites mining are part of Stormy's first view of the activity in Rainbow Land and I wanna portray it accurately. Rainbow does not have the Earth under her duties yet and the monstromurk hasn't been released.

I know I've read it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now. I know it involves breaking color crystal, but I can't remember exactly how.

Help? ^_^"
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Re: Sprite Question

Post by Major Ursa »

I don't really know myself. I've been trying to figure out how they build the Star Sprinkle factory underneath the Color Castle.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I think star sprinkles are cut out of a giant slab of color, like with star-shaped cookie-cutter type things. The slab I believe comes from crushed color crystals if I'm not mistaken.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I think star sprinkles are cut out of a giant slab of color, like with star-shaped cookie-cutter type things. The slab I believe comes from crushed color crystals if I'm not mistaken.

That's the 'new' way to make them. Apparently there was a way before the factory was built.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I think star sprinkles are cut out of a giant slab of color, like with star-shaped cookie-cutter type things. The slab I believe comes from crushed color crystals if I'm not mistaken.
that's part of the more productive method. There's a method prior to that that only took a single sprite to do. But I can't remember the exact process
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Well.... The more I thought about it, the more I remembered that the one RB book I have, RB and the Brook Meadow Deer, had a picture of the sprites turning crystals into sprinkles. I remember thinking "Oi, that's now how they do it..."

So, maybe this is what you were thinking of? There's no mention of the method, just a picture. I know you've got the book, so you can see the picture for yourself. Shows the sprites around a stump, with a crystal resting on top. One sprite's holding a chisel (actually, it looks like a railroad tie) to the crystal while another sprite is bringing down a wooden mallet. On the facing page, in the same scene, are sprites with bags of perfect star sprinkles.

Boy am I glad they came up with the more believable method.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Well.... The more I thought about it, the more I remembered that the one RB book I have, RB and the Brook Meadow Deer, had a picture of the sprites turning crystals into sprinkles. I remember thinking "Oi, that's now how they do it..."

So, maybe this is what you were thinking of? There's no mention of the method, just a picture. I know you've got the book, so you can see the picture for yourself. Shows the sprites around a stump, with a crystal resting on top. One sprite's holding a chisel (actually, it looks like a railroad tie) to the crystal while another sprite is bringing down a wooden mallet. On the facing page, in the same scene, are sprites with bags of perfect star sprinkles.

Boy am I glad they came up with the more believable method.
Well, I've not had those books that long and haven't really studied them. Thanks for telling me though because that'll help with my story. If all else fails, I'll do a modification of that, which is what I started to do. It may very well be that that is the previous way. I do remember reading of the method I am searching for though. It keeps niggling at me!

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

The only source would be the books which I do not trust as a real source of info as Starlites "flies" without using the rainbow. In the show they crush them.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It honestly wasn't the book that I'd gotten that info from. Now that time has passed, I may have gotten it partly from the "Beginning of Rainbow Land" episodes. After all, how did the head sprites and Color Kids get the star sprinkles then to be used? They had no factory manufacturing process. I know I read it somewhere though.

Anyway, the main purpose I needed this info for has passed. I tweaked it to represent a pre-factory era. Feel free to keep discussing though!