Rainbow Land Shops

Chibi Rachy

Rainbow Land Shops

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All right so I've thought of this for awhile, and finally decided to post about it so we could all have some fun with it. If anyone's ever looked closely at the Star Stealer DVD art (Lower left hand corner), you can see that Patty O'Green has a store amongst the Rainbow Land inhabitants, and the Rainbow Land Cafe is pictured as well. Patty apparently has a general store, which is painted a bright green. Got me to thinking...if the Color Kids (and even Special Kids) did have shops, what might they have?

Buddy's is obviously easiest. His would be a sports shop, specializing in all sorts of gear and possibly lessons too. Moonglo's would deal with astronomy and star gazing and such. I don't want to give my ideas on all the Kids straight off, as I want to see what others think too.

Pick one or two Kids and propose what type of shop they might run in Rainbow Land.

~~~~

On another note, I was thinking of the video game "Top Shop" and how it might adapt well with Rainbow Brite. The basis of the game is to compete with other players and open/own the most stores in a mall, while bringing in the highest profit. Kinda like monopoly, but more fun and much quicker. Obviously, you could use star sprinkles for money instead of dollars and such.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Re: Rainbow Land Shops

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Tickled Pink would probably have make-up, hair fashion stuff, & pink dresses and other pink clothes. Maybe also other random pink items besides fashion.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I definatly would think Canary Yellow's shop would be a place where danceware would be sold (Tights, leotards, leg warmers, dance costumes, shoes,skirts ect.) as well as a dance studio.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Pink- would have a Candy store she does not seem to be one into fashion
La La- would have the makeup and dress up clothing.
Indigo- would have maybe a music store
Violet- book store
Red- floral shop? mostly roses
Stormy- she wouldn't want a store

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

What would they use for tender, I wonder?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:What would they use for tender, I wonder?
For the shops? Well I don't know. It's never said what they do use for the cafe, but it may very well be that it is run on kindness, with the idea that others would give from their shops when it was needed. An economy seems like a concept far too advanced for Rainbow Land
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

kindness - that's a great idea! I agree with that.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Then I suppose they'd just be storage buildings where people can take whatever they need.

Does that make them Communist? Everyone shares everything with everyone? xD
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Chibi Rachy wrote:

For the shops? Well I don't know. It's never said what they do use for the cafe, but it may very well be that it is run on kindness, with the idea that others would give from their shops when it was needed. An economy seems like a concept far too advanced for Rainbow Land

Here I go again with the Star Trek comparisons.

I reminds me so much about a scene in Star Trek: First Contact where Capt. Picard explains to an earthwoman in his time that accuasition of wealth is no longer the driving force. I don't think it's communistic at all as long as they are able to live well without the need for money.

As for Murkwell (I mean Murky) Dismal and the Evil Princess, that's a different story.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Then I suppose they'd just be storage buildings where people can take whatever they need.

Does that make them Communist? Everyone shares everything with everyone? xD
Communism: Now with more rainbows!
Major Ursa wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:

Here I go again with the Star Trek comparisons.

I reminds me so much about a scene in Star Trek: First Contact where Capt. Picard explains to an earthwoman in his time that accuasition of wealth is no longer the driving force. I don't think it's communistic at all as long as they are able to live well without the need for money.

As for Murkwell (I mean Murky) Dismal and the Evil Princess, that's a different story.
I would say it's more like ultimate good/ultimate evil. If it is indeed kindness, then monetary value is not needed, as that would lead to jealousy (not necessarily in the RL case, but still). Ultimate evil thrives on greed and jealousy, coveting what another has and wanting more and more. Ultimate good is content with what they have and in protecting it while working to spread more good.