A question about Indigo's acting ambition

Radiant Bridge

A question about Indigo's acting ambition

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Why do several sources describe Indigo as aiming to be a famous actress? She is a native of Rainbowland and cannot even be seen by most humans. I know that she loves to act for her friends, but they are the only ones who will ever know her. This might seem silly but this tidbit about Indigo that pops up here and there bothers me because it's impossible and therefore insulting to why she and the other characters exist.

Starvoyager

Re: A question about Indigo's acting ambition

Post by Starvoyager »

Meh... nobody ought to be criticized for having dreams. I always wanted to be a space warrior, but I'm not holding my breath for some alien race to come abduct me and toss me in the cockpit of a heavily-armed flying saucer to defend our galaxy against impending doom.

Maybe she's just intrigued by the glitz and glamour of Earth's high society.

Judging by the kids' outfits, they obviously have observed Earth for quite some time, and were inspired by what they saw. Their sense of style is a mish-mash of multiple eras of human history.

Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Radiant Bridge wrote:Why do several sources describe Indigo as aiming to be a famous actress? She is a native of Rainbowland and cannot even be seen by most humans. I know that she loves to act for her friends, but they are the only ones who will ever know her. This might seem silly but this tidbit about Indigo that pops up here and there bothers me because it's impossible and therefore insulting to why she and the other characters exist.

Starvoyager wrote:Meh... nobody ought to be criticized for having dreams. I always wanted to be a space warrior, but I'm not holding my breath for some alien race to come abduct me and toss me in the cockpit of a heavily-armed flying saucer to defend our galaxy against impending doom.

I'm not expecting a Companion to come trotting up to me any time soon, either, but that hasn't yet stopped me from daydreaming of being a Herald of Valdemar. :)

Radiant, just because Indigo dreams of being an actress doesn't mean she dreams of being that on Earth. There are a horde of sprites plus all the Color Kids, Stormy, Moonglo and Rainbow herself, after all, that she can perform for. They hold fairs and parties and lots of other things, so why couldn't Indigo hold her own little performances for them?

I doubt she has access to Earth scripts (although picturing her and Hammy as the leads in Romeo and Juliet is cute . . . or should Romeo play Romeo? ;) ) but I'm sure she enjoys creatung her own plays as much as acting them out.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Brownie wrote:I'm not expecting a Companion to come trotting up to me any time soon, either, but that hasn't yet stopped me from daydreaming of being a Herald of Valdemar. :)

Hehe! Another Valdemar fan! Huzzah! I devoured that entire series (including the Gryphon trillogy) in about two weeks. So much fun. I like a series that turns a rather boring station of history (such as heralds) into something kick-ass. Have you heard of the Green Rider series? There are only three of the books so far, but basically it turns the ordinary royal messenger into the most dangerous and pivotal (don't deliver the message, and the kingdom is doomed) station to hold.

Oh yeah, and I'd never actually heard anything about Indigo's acting ambitions, but then, I've never really looked at all of the little books and such ^^; Funny enough, though, the first scene in my comic is of Rainbow listening to Indigo singing. Her outfit does rather imply it, ne?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

In my reimagined world of rainbow brite the color kids live on earth and live normal lives and transform when needed. I didn't know Indigo wanted to be an actress... do you know of any of the other kids aspirations or personality traits that weren't mentioned in the cartoon?

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

The toys had stories of each of the kids, I think the story books used these traits. It is another one of Hallmark's loop holes. Patty is apparently a prankster but never do we see any pranks in the show. The source material does not relate to each other. Which can also be said about alot of other bits.

I wish I could grab these people and get straight answers alot is fan spectulation because we have nothing! Drives me crazy >.>

Even the coloring books have such stories. Maybe Indigo never got ever any scene time to present her traits like everyone else.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

It's really amazing Hallmark EVER managed to pull this together the first time. The fact that they actually turned a profit at all, let along the huge profit they did, is nothing short of phenomenal. Even with something kiddie, to have so many mistakes, poor management, and completely non-existent quality/continuity control, and still do well... just wow... their kind of luck, is up there with that guy who went skydiving with a faulty parachute, and somehow survived slamming into the ground.
*C9* wrote: Patty is apparently a prankster but never do we see any pranks in the show.
Any idea if it's ever been done in detail? Has it been in any of the books, audio tapes, etc?

Kinda curious to find out how diabolical she is. *rubs hands together evilly*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

The Rainbow Brite's Treasury book that was published in the UK only does indeed list Indigo as an actor and Patty as a prankster. Indigo's photo even shows her with her hand raised dramatically to her forehead while sitting on a chair.

According to the same book, Red is supposed to enjoy magic tricks, as many of the activities have him as their star (felt tip pen trick, envelope trick)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

If any remembers the potato sack race at the beginning of The Monstermurk Menice, Patty did say that she put the potatoes in Red Butler and Buddy Blue's sacks.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Major Ursa wrote:If any remembers the potato sack race at the beginning of The Monstermurk Menice, Patty did say that she put the potatoes in Red Butler and Buddy Blue's sacks.
Yeah, your right. I was gonna post that, lol.