Too Cute

IndigoJoy

Too Cute

Post by IndigoJoy »

I looooove Brittany , Jeanette, and Eleanor! My favorite Chipettes skit is Girls of Rock & Roll. And I also love the song "I Give Up On Love" from the Chimunk/Chipette Valentine episode.

"Call you on the telephone, let it ring but you're not home, so here I'm standing all alone... I give up on love..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1qkC-OujQ
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Too Cute

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

For those that don't know, Brittany (Bretagne in French) is the finger of France that points into the Atlantic Ocean towards the USA. It has more in common with Wales, Scotland and Ireland than with France as the population is mainly Celtic. They speak Breton in daily life and French when necessary.

How it got to be a popular girls' name in the USA about 30 years ago is something of a mystrey.

As a fairly new name, it seems out of place with Elanore and Jeanette which are much more traditional.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Treasure_House

Too Cute

Post by Treasure_House »

:P I'm not picky myself when it comes to them six loveable kids on the chipmunk program. I feel bad for Dave. He not only has to deal with the boys (I.E. Alvin) but he also has to deal with Ms. Miller. Poor guy! :bg:

On another note... My son and I finally finished all of the Rainbow Brite cartoons, the story book videos, the zoo movie, and the birthday movie... He says he didn't care much for the birthday one, tho he was singing along with most of the program. ;) He and I agree that who ever wrote the story book ones didn't do a good job. For example; Lurky doesn't have a cloud over his head, and Murky doesn't act like "cry baby". And that the idea about Twink loosing his colors... My son says that Twink was "born" that way. After all "white is a color too". Then there's the part about the sprites on the ledge and that rainbow and starlite put a net in place to catch them. My son says that "either Murky was blind, or he didn't seem to care". And that Lurky wouldn't want to live in Rainbow Land. He's too "dumb" to think that way... He preferrs to "follow Murky around like a lost puppy". :wacko: At least that's what my son says about the story book videos. He says the cartoons were way more fun to watch. On the side note, he loves the zoo movie. Says all the animals were fun to watch. And he's been singing the zoo song for three days straight.

:sleep: Well that's getting old... LOL.... I told him we'd watch more chipmunks. He can't wait. I'm saving the live movies for last. He'll love those!!

:P
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index