RB new 25yr dolls -- Tape on back of box?

mistic_imp

Post by mistic_imp »

HI all..

I just ordered a RB doll off ebay. that is in the box. But she has tape on the back of her box. Just wondering if this is something that was put there by the factory or by who ever had her before me??

I hate tape because it yellows in years down the road and I do plan to keep her in the box. so If its not factory i'd like to remove it.

Please let me know if your 25 yr RB dolls have tape on the back of the box.

THANKS!

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

Mine looked just like that straight from Target.

mistic_imp

Post by mistic_imp »

hmm interesting .. I guess I'll leave her taped up then!
Is it true they got discontinued?

If so thats too bad..
I was pretty happy to see RB returning in some form.. and thought these dolls were cute (even with the changes from old school rainbow)/

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I don't remember about the tape (I opened all mine, hehe), but yeah they did discontinue the dolls and horses. It's so sad. There is still some RBB stuff out there though! Like at Target in the $ spot and online at Target.com, etc.

mistic_imp

Post by mistic_imp »

yeah its super sad! I was hoping they would make some of the other color kids too..

i searched high and low around my area and no RB dolls to be found :(

I was hoping to find them clearance or something.. but oh well.. I scouted the net too and so far no luck.. so I bought one on ebay. Glad I did! I think the dolls look better in person!

Maybe I will get lucky though.. i'll still keep my eyes open!

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

mistic_imp wrote:yeah its super sad! I was hoping they would make some of the other color kids too..

i searched high and low around my area and no RB dolls to be found :(

I was hoping to find them clearance or something.. but oh well.. I scouted the net too and so far no luck.. so I bought one on ebay. Glad I did! I think the dolls look better in person!

Maybe I will get lucky though.. i'll still keep my eyes open!
What are you still looking for? There is a blue girl at my local TRU as of a couple of weeks ago.

mistic_imp

Post by mistic_imp »

really our tru still has them?
how much are they.. I am kind of counting pennies atm.
But I am still looking for rainbow and tickled pink.. I got moon glow.. ( shes the one I really wanted anyways!) but now i do really wanna get rainbow.

I donno hoe much shipping would be.. but If they are clearanced please pm me with details and maybe we could work something out !

Treasure_House

Post by Treasure_House »

Yeah I hate it when that happens too. You get a nice item off ebay only to find out it was opened at some given point then retaped. And you know for a fact that the auction was mis-leading but the person selling it won't budge an inch...

:angry:

:(

I got a really nice, unopened, Alvin and The Chipmunks ceilling fan. I opened it to see what it looked like, then put it back. Later in years I told my ex's step-mother not to tamper with it. That I wanted the box and item within to remain in MINT condition. So what's she do? She wrote all over the box in thick black permint marker, "KIDS ROOM". So ummm... How difficult is it to put something that rare into a box and 'then' mark that box instead? I'm just glad it wasn't something I got off ebay like that.

*sigh* people can be so cruel to the once beloved 80s toons. :sleep:
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index