Rainbow Travels the World!

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

So I just received a facebook message from Watercolor and it gave me an idea..

Yesterday I was after taking a picture of Rainbow Brite in front of the statue of Liberty...watercolor showed me a picture she took of Rainbow at Epcot in DisneyWorld..so I got this idea......I think anyone who has either a Rainbow figurine or doll should take it on vacation or to any major landmark they may visit and take a picture of Rainbow at the landmark. I just think it's really cute. Anyone up for trying this? It's not something you need to intentionally do right away..just something to keep in mind if you go on vacation or live near any landmarks? I guess this can be the official thread for it...here's mine from yesterday:

*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Cute! I take a Rainbow Brite on every vacation. My parents think I'm very weird (which is true). But I've never taken photos of them in any of the countries I've visited...I'll have to start! :lol: :lol:

My dolls take turns traveling with me. So far, they've been to: Australia, Barbados, Canada, China, Egypt, England, Greece, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, Venezuela, and 45 of the 50 U.S. States. But now I've got a new mission: photos! :thumb:

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

This is kinda like a friend of mine on facebook....I'm really into the Phantom of the Opera and he has a stuffed Phantom doll and he took pictures of this phantom doll in vegas when he saw the Las Vegas production lol It was absolutely hilarious! I think between Watercolors picture and remembering that a light bulb went off in my head lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Great idea! I'll try to remember to start doing this :) Does anyone remember that website where the guy did this with a Lurky doll?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

Yay! Okay, here are mine, or a couple of mine taken at Epcot in Orlando July of 09. ^_^

If I ever get anywhere else, I will take her too.

Also, Katy: The "MyLurkyandMe" site (http://www.mylurkyandme.com) was from 2005, and is now part of some other site and does not have any of the original "Lurky" pictures or articles. I think it may have either expired or the guy who ran it changed subjects, dunno which.
Attachments
Rainbow Brite @ Epcot
Rainbow Brite @ Epcot
epcotrb02.jpg (16.72 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Rainbow Brite @ Epcot
Rainbow Brite @ Epcot
epcotrb01.jpg (50.6 KiB) Viewed 1087 times

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

That bottom photo is great. Love it!

I bought a couple MIB Gen 1 items in Paris a couple years ago and photographed them at the Arc de Triomphe (the Arch of Triumph) in Paris. I don't think I have the photos any longer.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I'll totally do it! I take my dolls with me when I travel anyway. ;) Not all, but most of them, lol.