Rainbow Brite

Wardah

Rainbow Brite

Post by Wardah »

Tom-sprite wrote:I personally hope they finally let RB rest in peace.
If RB really does not fit into these modern days with her 80s look/charisma and age how a lot of people think she should better just remain as a wonderful childhood memory.
Only my personal feeling ! ;-)
But this incarnation of Rainbow Brite, even if it was different from the original, was still a lot better than a lot of what's out there these days. At least she was a teenager that had a purpose greater than just a "passion for fashion". She was a hero for girls who set out for what's right.
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
Wardah wrote:Ah but the 12th anniversary isn't a very significant date. 2009 was the 20th anniversary. Not fall 2010 which is when the dolls would have come out if Playmates warehoused them until the holiday shopping season. Even if Hallmark waits until next fall it will be the 27th anniversary. The 27th is about as special as the 12th. Anyways 4 years is a long time to wait and at least if they have a line already out by the time the next big anniversary rolls around it will be easier to focus on the anniversary instead of trying to launch a new toy line at the same time.

I really don't collect Jem or those other "fashion" lines either. I just know about toy trends from things I have read.

I did in fact mention that Gen 2 was NOT marketed as the 12th anniversary. I have all the Gen 2 dolls MIB and there is nothing on any of them anywhere in any language that mentioned that fact.

2009 was the 20th anniversary of what, exactly? It certainly wasn't the 20th anniversary of Rainbow Brite. Rainbow Brite was launched in 1984, not 1989. Gen 1 was over and done with by 1989. I think your calendar is in the wrong time zone or something.

I'm getting the impression that you're trolling and from this point on I am no longer responding to any of your posts.

I meant to type 25th. It was a simple mistype. People do make mistakes. I don't see why you would get the impression that I was trolling. Just because I have a different opinion from you? Just because I am more optimistic than you and think that it would be boring to be without any new Rainbow Brite for 4 whole years? Just because I think the current generation of girls needs a hero to look up to? I have never once resorted to name calling and have been nothing but civil in expressing my opinion.

Tom-sprite

Rainbow Brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I have exactly the same opinion Blondine !
A Gen 5 RB toyline+cartoon+other merchandise etc. would be great but only on condition that rainbow and her friends get a moderate and suitable makeover without modifying/improving for the worse of the wonderful original designs.
I know that it would be possible and I am sure it would also be possible to get a big fanbase. Why not creating a rival product for all those tacky pseudo- glamorous soulless trashtoys ? There are so many people/parents out there who hate all the junk sold to kids today. Parents often have a schooled eye and see which toys are really appropriate for children or are simply produced cause of lousy greed. I think it could be a good moment to alter the course.
Toymakers and kiddie-entertainment industry please wake up !!!

Wardah

Rainbow Brite

Post by Wardah »

What is wrong with the current character designs. The ones that are used in the forum banner? They are not pseudo- glamorous. They are not wearing platform stilettos with midriff baring short shirts and heavy makeup? (not that I have anything against that kind of thing but there needs to be a balance) Don't girls these days need strong female heroes like She Ra was in the 80s and Sailor Moon was in the 90's? And if they can combine that with a beloved character like Rainbow Brite then why not?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Rainbow Brite

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Wardah wrote:I have never once resorted to name calling and have been nothing but civil in expressing my opinion.
Agreed. Calling people trolls for having a different opinion will not be tolerated on this board. I think this topic has been beat to death at this point. Let's move on.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net