Any word from Toy Fair?

WishBear2001

Re: Any word from Toy Fair?

Post by WishBear2001 »

I had NO ideas Hasbro had the new SSC line 0_o weird......I thought crazy playmates still had it.
Playmates stopped making them in 2008. By the way the 6 inch plastic Strawberry, soft and molded hair versions are super cute!

Awww... Plush Pinkie Pie pony!

Boo! Only RB we have seen before? :angry: :angry: I want more Moonglows! Grrrr...

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

IndigoJoy wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Have a look at this picture http://www.toyassociation.org/AM/Templa ... n=toy_Fair and tell me if you think the woman in it resembles a certain doll that was well known about a quarter of a century ago...
Yeah, she looks like Madeline to me. :bg:
Ok, I know you're making a joke here, but just for info, who's Madeline? It's not the little British girl that went missing in Portugal a couple years back, I hope.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Have a look at this picture http://www.toyassociation.org/AM/Templa ... n=toy_Fair and tell me if you think the woman in it resembles a certain doll that was well known about a quarter of a century ago...
Yeah, she looks like Madeline to me. :bg:
Ok, I know you're making a joke here, but just for info, who's Madeline? It's not the little British girl that went missing in Portugal a couple years back, I hope.
o.O She was answering your question. Everyone knows Madeline. I have no idea about the kid you're referring to, but why would she even mention that if question was referring to 25 years ago?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

HonestlyI did not know Madeline dolls ... I searched it on ebay.
:lol: Her face reminds me of "Tim&Struppi" !

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Yes, I was referring to Madeline the book/cartoon character (who the girl in the picture is dressed up as) and not to the tragedy of Madeleine McCann... I would never joke about something like that. http://www.findmadeleine.com/home.html
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Sad thing is for all we know they had more stuff at the fair but it wasn't covered. All the coverage I could find seemed to either emphasize on movie and comics characters or time tested lines like Barbie and Lego.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

IndigoJoy wrote:Yes, I was referring to Madeline the book/cartoon character (who the girl in the picture is dressed up as) and not to the tragedy of Madeleine McCann... I would never joke about something like that. http://www.findmadeleine.com/home.html

Just checking because I don't know anything about the other one.

And now the truth comes out. This refers to the image I referenced earlier.

The woman had red hair and blue clothes, very similar to the look of the original Rainbow Brite dolls from 25 years ago.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:The woman had red hair and blue clothes, very similar to the look of the original Rainbow Brite dolls from 25 years ago.
When I think "Rainbow Brite" I do not think to compare Rainbow to Madeline.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:The woman had red hair and blue clothes, very similar to the look of the original Rainbow Brite dolls from 25 years ago.
When I think "Rainbow Brite" I do not think to compare Rainbow to Madeline.

:lol: I wasn't comparing Rainbow to Madeline. I didn't know anything about the Madeline you were talking about when I made the comment. I said that I thought the woman in the picture who had red hair and bleu clothes reminded me of the original RB dolls from the 80's. I had no idea she was dressed as Madeline but the impression that I got was that of the Gen 1 RB doll come to life.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I don't see a cosplay, I see a video with a very awkward reporter interviewing a guy about a $10,000 bear. :/

Also, do you mean Madaline, the little red head who always got into trouble while walking in a line with other girls behind their nun governess or some such? I never thought to compare her to RB.
Last edited by Tennyo on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.