UK DVD's - All Region Free?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: UK DVD's - All Region Free?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

SunSpire wrote:EDIT: Scratch what I said before. The DVD's Vol. 1-3 appear to be region free, after all. My current version of PowerDVD shows region 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. That's very interesting Katy! In other words people in the US should be able to play them without any problems unless the discs sold on Amazon.co.uk are different from the ones I got!
Cool!! Too bad we only discovered this now when they're getting hard to find...lol. I just bought the dark blue untitled one off of Amazon a couple weeks ago and already they don't have it anymore. The light blue untitled one is the only one left. Perhaps there are other companies in the UK that have them for sale. I'll look around.

I also found something interesting just now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Brite-C ... 44&sr=1-11

Looks like another complete set will be out in May! And I think this is the company that's putting it out, but I'm not certain:

http://www.lacedigitalmediasales.com/

Very cool! But I bet it really will be Region 2. Hmph. When do we get a friggin American set??
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Do companies just ring up Hallmark for a license and then publish new DVD sets? It's odd there's been so many different releases here in europe and none in the US. But we're still waiting for the movie to come out!!

So you're still after Vol. 1-3 and the Megadisc then? I can have a look for you, I'm sure there's some on ebay and amazon every now and then. And I need to get my hands on that german DVD before it sells out, arghs .....

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
I hate to say this but those DVD's sound like they're ripped. :/
No, they were put out by Jetix just like Vol 1-3 and the Mega Disc.
I still question it. You think a bootleg can't look convincing with even the logos of legit companies on them? :/

Maybe it's not but I get iffy vibes from stuff like that.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Tennyo wrote:I still question it. You think a bootleg can't look convincing with even the logos of legit companies on them? :/

Maybe it's not but I get iffy vibes from stuff like that.
We've already established that all 6 of the Jetix DVD's work in regions 1-6, so no, they're not bootlegs. Whether the region encoding was a mistake or done that way on purpose, who knows. I don't own any of the other DVD's Jetix has put out, so I can't compare.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Katy do your DVD's have the RB commercial in front of every episode when you play them? There's also this picture of a boy who does not belong to the series at all. If so then it's definitely from Jetix, they've also put a seperate FoxKids commercial on the DVD. In the title menu it shows "Disney" at the bottom since Jetix is a Disney brand.

Other than that, I had bought my DVD's at HMV stores here in the UK, so they're definitely official :P But like I said can't say anything about the untitled ones which were not sold here as far as I know. I trust you to be able to tell an original from a bootleg tho, hehe

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

SunSpire wrote:Katy do your DVD's have the RB commercial in front of every episode when you play them? There's also this picture of a boy who does not belong to the series at all. If so then it's definitely from Jetix, they've also put a seperate FoxKids commercial on the DVD. In the title menu it shows "Disney" at the bottom since Jetix is a Disney brand.
Yep! I was wondering who the heck that boy was...lol. He looks like a character from The Littles, but I'm not sure.

If the release dates on Amazon are right, these two untitled DVD's came out a couple of years after the others. Yet the cover art and episodes are almost identical to Volumes 1 and 2. Very odd.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

So they haven't got all of the episodes included? Hmm ... they did the same mistake with the megadisc. There doesn't seem to be any coordination in their releases. Guess that will always remain a mystery.

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:Katy do your DVD's have the RB commercial in front of every episode when you play them? There's also this picture of a boy who does not belong to the series at all. If so then it's definitely from Jetix, they've also put a seperate FoxKids commercial on the DVD. In the title menu it shows "Disney" at the bottom since Jetix is a Disney brand.

Other than that, I had bought my DVD's at HMV stores here in the UK, so they're definitely official :P But like I said can't say anything about the untitled ones which were not sold here as far as I know. I trust you to be able to tell an original from a bootleg tho, hehe

"SunSpire"
Well that solves the mystery of how the DVD set I got looks pretty good. Mine has that boy on it as well. And I figured out the sound issue XD *coughs* Will not go into that...
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire