NEW ANIMATIONS!!!

IndigoJoy

Re: NEW ANIMATIONS!!!

Post by IndigoJoy »

I haven't warmed up to the wands yet...well, at least not Rainbow's, but I'm still befuddled as to why the dolls don't come with them (and their sprites) and why Moonglow doesn't have her headband.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

IndigoJoy wrote:I haven't warmed up to the wands yet...well, at least not Rainbow's, but I'm still befuddled as to why the dolls don't come with them (and their sprites) and why Moonglow doesn't have her headband.
I know, that's what I was thinking too!

As for the animations, I'm not sure if this is the only thing that will be created. I seen the Playmates Toys website and checked out the other toy lines that they have, and I say that it is excellent quality. I wonder when their Rainbow Brite website will be released. It says "coming soon." I am looking very forward to seeing that :)

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm looking forward to that too, Aquarius :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I think I missed out on something somewhere - Color Wave Kids? who/what/where does it talk about the color wave kids? Please, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just feeling a little lost :unsure:

I sure hope that whatever they are called, that the other kids come too :)

I love all the sparkles and glitter in this new version!

although, I do find it a little weird that the new version along with the toys has the color scheme of pink, pale orange, yellow, light green, light blue, and light purple. The really geeky super organized me just winces at this. To me a rainbow is, and will always be red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple. Although I can't say I'm surpised at this new change. A lot of things seem to appear this way, much more girly and such.

So if they keep with the girly pink rainbows, it sure makes me wonder how the color wave kids will be integrated, like, who will be in charge of red? Like, if there is no 'red' in their girly pink rainbow world, would there still be a red kid?

either way, some more characters would be lovely.

:)
Last edited by Sarah on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

To Sarah:

Another member wrote a letter to Hallmark about the new Rainbow Brite and asked about the Color Kids. They were told that the Kids would be Color Wave Kids and that their role would be different this time. That's all we know.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

ok! thanks chibi! So I did miss that!

Now I'm all caught up, phew! :)

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Could that letter possibly be posted up here for us to see? Does it really say they will be called, "Color Wave Kids," or that the Color Kids will be released in waves?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

The letter can be found on the first post of this thread.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Ah, thanks, I didn't realize that post had been edited. :)

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

I think part of the reason they made the rainbow the way it is is to not cause confusion. After all there are a lot of intolerant people out there that would think Rainbow Brite has an "agenda" if they used the normal rainbow since it has become associated with other things.

I think they are going to release life size versions of the wands that kids can play pretend with. And they will probably light up and make sound and cost a lot.