Any one see the tp & sunriser on ebay?

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

If they don't sell then the seller states they will incinerate them!!!!

But they are listed for 500! Is that high or is it just me? I wanted to see since I know I just bought a mint tp doll for $45.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Thats incredible, starting bid $500 or BIN for $700. That's insane. And its even more insane that the seller says that the dolls will incinerated????????

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

that's horrible but me and my mom both think its a hoax. maybe theyre just saying that in order to get people's money - as in people would pay anything to save the dolls from being burned. And really why would they do that to something they think is worth $500?

Most people would give them away if they don't sell, and either way if theyre gonna incinerate them why the need to post it for the buyers to see? It's like that seller is trying to aggrevate people, or trying to get to them to get their money.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

Diagla- My hubby said the same thing, He thinks he's just trying to get under a collector's skin & make them buy them just so they aren't ruined. i've bought fromt he guy a few times, dress up rb dolls, this is the first i've seen of incinerating items!

I'm so sad. I told him if they didn't sell i'd like to buy them for what they are actually worth. Why would you burn them instead of getting something for them? I am sure he had to pay something for them. I' kinda anxious to see what he says.

I just wanted to make sure i'm not the only one who thinks it's crazy, but what do u suppose they are worth?

I know I just bought a mint tp for $45

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

thats weird that he sold legitly to you before, either he's changed for the worse, has gotten angry/mean for some reason, or he's being hacked....

Im not good with prices but I'll say what I think. Although I think its a little too much, it doesnt seem uncommon to find tickled pinks without boots for $70-80, and this one had boots. I'd say the two of them in total are worth like somewhere between $100-200. That may still be too high, but Im not sure really.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

and who knows, maybe he won't really incinerate them. Maybe he'll just relist them again for the same price and say the same thing in his description again while continuing to hope someone falls for it and gives them the rediculous amount of money.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

ur right. i can't imagine ruining a vintage item. it seems spiteful.

I offered him $150 for them if they dont sell, not heard a response. He probably will hold onto them & list them hoping people forget or something. I am collecting a couple tp & moonglo dolls for the dress up doll line. I want the dolls to have their outfits on. I had a go at a custom tp & I like the way her eyes turned out. Can't wait to get all my stuff out of storage.

But good news our house is out of the framing stage, or so we've been told, gonna check it out tonight :)

Thankx for ur input.

btw, what shape tp dolls r u looking for? if I end up with any extra's I dont use?
price range?
I think I really lucked out with the last one I got. spent $46 total & came with mint tp, all her outfit plus a rb doll, twink, collor cottage & furniture, only missing the plates & a rb booklet. I was super excited!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

you're welcome :)

Are you referring to the topic in my sig? I guess I want ones that are $15-20 or less. Only for the sake of not paying much though, cause if I had the money Id buy better ones too. I just plain love tickled pinks all around no matter what condition theyre in.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

The pair might really be worth USD 500 to 700 MIB if they both really were perfect. Someone recently paid USD 300 for an MIB DUTP on ebay US.

Loose?

$500/700 is a joke, right? I think we need to get the Rainbow Land Secret Police after that seller.

I just paid EUR100//USD 150 for an MIB DURB in a German box. Box not perfect but not bad. Doll was packaged with a German story cassette so mega-rare. Better yet, where it is in Germany isn't all that far from where I live. More better yet, it's also near a place where I used to work back in the 70's.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

Blondine- no it's no joke, he wrote me back & said he's destroyed SEVERAL rb dolls & especially tp dolls because they had cut hair or what not & by destroying them he makes less in the world & they are worth more. I'm so angry that he's doing that! How can he call himself a collector? seriously?

I mean besides your dolls, all my customs are dolls that need some tlc & I remake them or fix them up. I hate ruining nice dolls, but at least they are still there, geez. He'd rather burn them so next time he finds them he thinks they are worth 5 times as much!!!

take a look for the listing, maybe if enough of us message him about the listing he will consider relisting them for less.

Diagla- I'll check into my dolls ones I unpack.