Any one see the tp & sunriser on ebay?

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

This guy is making me so mad! Where does he get the logic that destroying collectibles is a good idea????
It really sucks knowing he's enjoying getting under our skin about this whole thing. Errrrr!!!!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

That's too bad that he destroyed your stuff Jazzy. I think if anything making them more rare is gonna make less people interested cause it might discourage people and makes it so less people can have them.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

well now we all know who he is. russjussvintage is his ebay name & no one should buy from him if it's outragious anymore, maybe he will lower his prices. 2 days left & they haven't sold.
I bet he will relist them for lower. I'm sure he spent money on them, that's like throwing away his own money.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Relax, everyone.

First of all this guy is an idiot.

He thinks that by reducing the supply he can get a higher price. Too funny.

Why?

Well, for starters, how many TP dolls exist on the planet today? Thousands? Tens of thousands? No one knows for sure but the fact is that he can not destroy enough TP dolls to change the supply and demand equation by more than a few thousands of one percent. In other words, he will never be able to change the market in his favor. Same with Sunriser. True, there are far less Sunrisers than TP's but the math is the same. He is totally ineffective at what he claims to be doing. To put into perspective, an MIB TP sold last week for USD 300. How many of those can he afford to destroy and get nothing in return for them? If there is any doubt about my knowledge of economics, I have been reading the British newsmagazine 'The Economist' every week for more than 20 years. I don't claim expertise, but I think I know more than most do about the subject.

Second, I have already commented several times in the past month about the excessive asking prices for certain RB merchandise. Like this guy, the person trying to sell the large MIB RB for USD 330 plus shipping is certainly taking an illegal substance to get such delusions. That's more than double the true value of the item. Has anyone seen the GEN 1 RB & SL MIB Gift Set that on Buy Now for USD 308? The last one on ebay US sold for around USD 78 about a month ago. I got one in the UK for GBP 60 (a little over USD 100) plus shipping last week. Yesterday I got a large MIB Patty O'Green for USD...26!!! Only one or two other people were interested in her and then only if they could get her for more or less nothing. That Patty is a lot rarer than the MIB Large RB dolls that have asking prices ranging from USD 130 to 330 at the moment. I've noticed a flood of overpriced listings lately and I've also noticed that they are gathering dust on the sellers' shelves rather than finding new homes.

That guy with the TP has changed his tune now. The price is a little lower and he's no longer talking about destroying the items if they don't sell. Have a look...

http://cgi.ebay.com/rainbow-brite-tickl ... 256352b713

My best advice is to totally avoid these people. By 'these people' I mean anyone asking an unrealistic price for RB or any other merchandise. Do not make any contact with them. Do not get involved in any emotional mind games with them. AND DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! To reward that kind of behavior is to be even more stupid than they are in the first place!

Back to the RB & SL gift set for a minute. The original price was USD 325 and he reduced it by a huge 5% to the current 308. The seller is den268. This guy is one of the biggest and long term offenders for overpriced RB listings and he may have been the one that really started the current craze. In all fairness, he had an MIB doll for sale a couple or three years ago that was priced correctly and I bought it from him. The transaction went perfectly. He had a couple of other items back then that were way overpriced and I left those alone. I really think he's the one that got this ball rolling as others saw his asking prices and started asking similar amounts. He's still trying to sell an open box Red for around USD 80 that he had for sale back when I bought the other doll. The problem is that people find an MIB RB doll or toy at a flea market or a yard sale. then they look on ebay and see the high asking prices and pile on, sometimes listing with a price that's higher than any of the others! The MIB TP that I mentioned earlier came from a seller that was also asking USD 350 (a little too much) for an MIB DURB and USD 75 (way too much) for a couple of the MIB Kids . It's been up for several months and is still there. A couple weeks ago someone also listed a MIB DURB for about USD 25 MORE that the first seller! This is stupid!!! Who would spend extra for the same item? But it doesn't stop them and these listings continue day after day. I think it's ruining the collector's market. The people doing this are resellers of anything they can find and have no interest in what they are selling. They also have no idea of the real worth of the items and are just trying to make a killing off of us. Stay away from them.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

That guy with the TP has changed his tune now. The price is a little lower and he's no longer talking about destroying the items if they don't sell. Have a look...

Actually, it still says he'll incinerate them, same as before. And that price is not really lowered enough. True maybe it was dumb of me to message him, but I'm not entirely sure.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Dialga-Brite wrote:

Actually, it still says he'll incinerate them, same as before. And that price is not really lowered enough. True maybe it was dumb of me to message him, but I'm not entirely sure.

You're right. He did leave that nonsense in there. And no way is he asking anything like what they are really worth.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

Almost over & his arrogance will have to be swallowed as doesn't look like they are selling. Can't wait to see if he lowers the price & relists them.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

jazzycreations wrote:Almost over & his arrogance will have to be swallowed as doesn't look like they are selling. Can't wait to see if he lowers the price & relists them.

I think he'll go down to USD 400 to 425. Not much of a climbdown, but it's something. It's also around twice the true value of the items in that condition.

mtaylo28

Post by mtaylo28 »

For comparison sake only. About 4 years ago, not long after I got back into rainbow brite collecting heavily, I paid $120 USD for a lot of rainbow brite and other random stuff that included a very nice MIB Sunriser, complete (minus a dish) color castle, a few hard back books, and several loose but nice dolls. This price included shipping. It was around the time that one guy popped up that had "found a warehouse" full of sunrisers and other rainbow brite stuff. Not sure if that affected my price or not. Today, I probably wouldn't pay that much again for a single item. Especially loose, scuffed, and missing pieces.
Support Bacteria!
Its the only culture some people have.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Heh. The opening bid has now dropped to $440, with a BIN of $485. Still no takers. :lol:

Looking through his feedback, I noticed several interesting things:
(1) He hasn't sold anything in awhile. The last time he received feedback as a seller was in December. He could be desperate for $$ and assumes that this is the way to make some, fast.
(2) In the last year he has sold TWO Tickled Pink dolls (unknown quality); one for $0.99 and one for $12.62 -- does this mean he actually thinks a not complete Sunriser with rubs is worth more than $400?!