The Best Wedding Present!

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Yesterday was my and Dirk's wedding day. Throughout planning the wedding we had many bumps in the road and it seemed nothing went right. We wanted an outside wedding, but unfortunately it rained- I was sad, but you can't control the weather. So we had it at the church and overall the day went very well. After most of the guests had left and our photographer left, my mom and I went to change out of our dresses. We walked by a window and my mom spotted the rainbow. I was so excited and I ran outside to see it and then I yelled for someone to grab a camera and my hubby. The parking lot was elevated above the building where the reception was so I ran up the steps as fast as I could and my matron of honor took pics of me and Dirk. Before Dirk made it up the hill my MOH snapped a pic of me throwing arms up to the sky exclaiming "There's a rainbow!". I can't even describe how happy and excited I was. I could've cried. It meant so much to me. In a way I think it was God's gift to us since we couldn't have our wedding outside. It was the perfect way to end our day. And you can't have a rainbow without rain :rbsmile: !

I'll have to post some pics of our day soon. We did incorporate rainbows into our shamrock theme. I had a rainbow ribbon on my bouquet, we had M&Ms like Katy's in heart bowls, rainbow butterflies on our cake, and my mom bought us rainbow roses which we put into vases with rainbow water beads. We had prisms in the windows, but unfortunately they didn't cast any rainbows inside. Everyone loved the roses and wanted to take them home :) We gave away almost all our decorations and a good many of our roses. It was nice not to have to pack everything all up.

I will try to post you guys some pics soon.

Sukey :rainbow:
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! It's a shame that you didn't get to have your outdoor wedding, but I'm SO glad that the rainbow made up for it :D What a treat!!! We saw one on Saturday ourselves - first one I'd seen in quite awhile :) I can't wait to see your pics!!! YAY!!! And Congratulations!!! :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics :)

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Such a great thing to see on your wedding!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

That's awesome! Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics!!!!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

It sounds like your wedding turned out exceptionally well. Congratulations!!!
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Thank you all for the congrats. I am so anxious to see the pics. I'm still so excited about everything I can't even sleep. We kept Dirk's tux an extra day so we could take more pics today (the tux place isn't even going to charge us a late fee because whoever picks up the tuxes to be cleaned didn't show up today!) We got to take pics at the state park where we originally wanted to be married. We able to get some nice shots before it started raining.

Sukey :rainbow:
:rainbow: Sukey