Anime Thread

Clinozoisite

Anime Thread

Post by Clinozoisite »

Settei are fabulous as cosplay references. I know I've done that exact same thing on numerous occasions. :)

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Clinozoisite wrote:Settei are fabulous as cosplay references. I know I've done that exact same thing on numerous occasions. :)
Indeed. I'm planning on commissioning Aaeru's Sibylla pilot uniform soon and will be using all the pilot settei for her as references because they're better over just screen caps.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I won an auction yesterday for another set of settei. The preview pages were all things I didn't have and this one says it was settei for the PS2 game, but I doubt this. There was a design for that alternate pilot suit Aaeru wears on the cover of one of the light novels and Neviril's manga pilot suit. They were both in color, which means a HQ printoff of each. It was 160 pages so we'll see what this one has.

I also got some bootleg copies of the series in the mail yesterday from a dA member. I only had to pay shipping for them so it was a cheap buy. One is a set of two and the other is volume 2 of a set in a special slipcover case. Both sets are the same sub and just have different menu art. It's really badly subbed, which I knew when I bought it, and the quality isn't the best, but the art on the cases is nice XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... G_6709.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... G_6708.jpg
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Acquired some new genga on Yahoo!Japan this morning. An interesting mix, and I know the Aaeru one is ep 2. The others I'd have to watch again to see where they come from. The set includes Aaeru, Neviril, and Limone. This will be my first Limone genga. The Aaeru one is my new favorite one of her. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... 266124.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... j66124.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... u66124.jpg

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I recently bought the Mai-HiME series for $10 (thank you amazon.com sale/giftcard) and started watching it yesterday. I'm about 10 episodes in, and so far have found that it's the perfect mix of humor and action for me. Anyone else seen this series or the ones that follow it?

Stormyfan

Anime Thread

Post by Stormyfan »

I'm a fan of mostly magical girl series. Sailor Moon and CardCaptor Sakura are my favorites of anime. I do like MagicKnight Rayearth and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga. What's Mai-Hime about?

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Stormyfan wrote:I'm a fan of mostly magical girl series. Sailor Moon and CardCaptor Sakura are my favorites of anime. I do like MagicKnight Rayearth and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga. What's Mai-Hime about?
I'll post the plot summary:

Tokiha Mai and her sickly younger brother, Takumi, have received a scholarship to attend the prestigious Fuuka Academy. On the way, the ferry they are travelling on becomes the site of a destructive battle between two girls wielding apparently supernatural powers. This is only the beginning of their troubles, as Mai learns that she herself possesses these powers - the powers of a HiME.

As was told to me, this series can be really serious, and yet, soon break down into some bits of silliness. It was a good show to marathon, and I did finish it this past Sunday. Towards the end it was really good, even if it's ending was... well I won't say because that would spoil it. Natsuki was my favorite from this series because of her many faces and the secrets she held inside.

Stormyfan

Anime Thread

Post by Stormyfan »

Sounds interesting.I should check out the manga if there is one. :bg:

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Stormyfan wrote:Sounds interesting.I should check out the manga if there is one. :bg:
There is, but apparently it's different from the anime. I've bought the sequel to Mai-HiME for break next week, which is Mai-Otome.

Chibi Rachy

Anime Thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Has anyone else seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica? My friend got me to watch the series and I was hooked. I loved seeing the magical girl genre turned on its head. Once I saw episode 3, I knew it was going to be quite a different series XD