Hello from Pittsburgh

Posting Area for all new members to introduce yourselves.
dragonfly

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by dragonfly »

Hi all!!
I remember this webpage from almost 20 years ago!!!

I used to be a big collector/trader of everything Rainbow Brite, and now I really want to get back into it. These are my favorite characters in the world and I will never let them go. I'm so glad this page is still up and running. Katy, you're awesome for keeping up with what you love. BTW your Rainbow Brite museum is too cool!!!!

I wish I still had my collection, but I have already bid on a few things on eBay and I ordered a couple shelves to start displaying.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Welcome back Dragonfly!!

I'll never give up on Rainbow Brite :D She's my favorite, and always will be. It's hard to believe, but in two more years my site WILL be 20 years old! WOAH!! But it never would have succeeded without fans like yourself, who keep the interest and spirit alive...and fans like Sunpsire and RB.co.uk who keep the forums running :)

I'm so glad to hear that you're collecting again! I look forward to seeing pictures when you get some items up for display :) If you're ever in Raleigh, NC, let me know! I'd love to show the museum to you!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

dragonfly

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by dragonfly »

Hi Katy!
Yep 20 years! I can't believe it myself.
I never ever ever wanted to stop collecting, but once I came back from college, I had to move into a tiny apartment, and I ended up taking my dolls and play sets to my cousin's house for them to enjoy. I told my sister to make sure the kids take care of everything, but some items didn't have a fighting chance. It was really funny to walk in and see Buddy Blue fighting with an over sized stuffed Batman. I still have my favorites and rare items of course. There was also a day that I visited them, and I saw that one of Canary Yellow's leg warmers were missing. I was like EEEK and started going through toy bins and boxes...and everyone was like "What are you looking for?" And I told them "These tiny tiny little yellow piece of fabric that can fit on your finger..." And everyone thought I was nuts. I never found the leg warmers but I took her back! LOL. So I need Canary Yellow leg warmers LOL.

So yes, fast forward like 10 years, and I have space! Lots of space! heh heh heh. I'm excited. Annnnd, I finally won the rare Starlite last night, it's not in the box and it's in rough shape, but I'm going to restore him and I'm soooo excited.
I will post a picture of him on the other board.

Thanks again for all the amazing things you've done for the fans!!
See ya around the boards!!

Maki

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by Maki »

Welcome back, dragonfly.

dragonfly

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by dragonfly »

Thank you Maki!

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Hello from Pittsburgh

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Hello dragonfly!

Welcome back also! i used to be a member of the old boards too till recently myselfl
what was your user name back then? my other one was :dragonfly: *once*upon*a*dragonfly* :dragonfly: till the boards crashed....anyways, welcome back! :rbclouds: :rb:
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~