Hi, a newbie here

Posting Area for all new members to introduce yourselves.
Amabilis999

Hi, a newbie here

Post by Amabilis999 »

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Rainbow Brite. I think I owned a Rainbow Brite doll when I was a kid, but I didn't see the movie or have a really big Rainbow Brite collection. I got interested in this series because I heard that the TV series was animated by TMS (a Japanese studio). Being a fan of old anime, I decided to check it out. I ended up really liking the animation and character designs. I also found the Murky and Lurky's parts pretty funny to watch. I especially like the episode where Murky's mom visits him.

Even though I haven't really collected anything, I think the activity books are really cute to look at. I'm pretty thankful that the main site offers them as downloadables.

Anyways, I hope this forum will be a nice and fun experience for me. :happy:

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Hi, a newbie here

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Welcome to the forums, and the fandom! :) I'm always interested to hear about how new fans came across the show - so thanks for that! I honestly don't know anything about TMS or the animators who worked on the show (other than their names in the credits). So if you have any details you can share with us from your research, we'd love to hear it :)

Mom is one of my favorite episodes as well. I'm a sucker for backstory, and it shows Murky to be a pitiable character instead of a one-dimensional "evil" one. I always wished we'd gotten backstories on more of the characters.

I love the RB books as well. So glad you're enjoying them :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Maki

Hi, a newbie here

Post by Maki »

Hi Amabilis, welcome to the forums.

Amabilis999

Hi, a newbie here

Post by Amabilis999 »

Thank you two for the warm welcomes.
Rainbow Brite wrote:Welcome to the forums, and the fandom! :) I'm always interested to hear about how new fans came across the show - so thanks for that! I honestly don't know anything about TMS or the animators who worked on the show (other than their names in the credits). So if you have any details you can share with us from your research, we'd love to hear it :)
Oh sure, I don’t mind sharing what I know about the studio and animators:
I got interested in Rainbow Brite because I heard that Osamu Dezaki and Akio Sugino both worked on the first episode of Rainbow Brite. They are pretty respected people in the anime industry and they often worked together on a lot of projects.

What I know about TMS is that western companies during the 1980-1990’s out sourced to them for animating cartoons. That’s why TMS ended up animating Rainbow Brite as well as many other shows such as Animaniacs and Ducktales. They made shows for Japanese audiences too. Their most well known anime is Lupin the 3rd.
Rainbow Brite wrote: Mom is one of my favorite episodes as well. I'm a sucker for backstory, and it shows Murky to be a pitiable character instead of a one-dimensional "evil" one. I always wished we'd gotten backstories on more of the characters.

I love the RB books as well. So glad you're enjoying them :)
It would be cool to see more backstories for the Rainbow Brite characters, especially Lurky, because I always wonder about how he met Murky. I want an answer to the age old question of whether or not Lurky is some sort of Sprite.

The books are fun too, I noticed that Lurky is shown in a sympathetic light.