Full vintage twin bed set, not sure I want to part with it

Looking for 80's toys or wanting to sell some? Post your offers and requests here so others can contact you! Auctions are welcome, too.
dichroic

Post by dichroic »

Hey, I have a full vintage (80's) twin Rainbow Brite bed set. I just dug it out of my closet and I'm wondering if it's worth anything, worth holding on to, storing, etc. I really love it and I'm not sure I want to part with it but I'd like to know what I've got. I have the following pieces:

1 twin sized comforter
1 twin sized bed spread (ruffles and batting underneath)
1 pillow sham with ruffles
1 flat sheet
1 fitted sheet with bad elastic (35 years old so not surprising the elastic is dead)

I have it packed up in a box in case it IS worth anything, I guess what I want to know is how careful I need to be with the set. It has a few minor stains from before I bought the set in the early 2000's. No other damage or holes aside from a few loose threads on the comforter. I've never used the set myself (I totally would if I had a twin bed haha). I don't remember what I paid for it. Is this something I should handle as my own special items or should I treat it like actual collector's items?

Thanks for any help you can give. I might be open to offers if someone is really desperate for it but I do cherish it, I wish I could display it somehow. I also have a pair of Rainbow Brite hoodies from the late 90's that I got at Hot Topic, one I've found online but the other I have not. Both are in used but good shape. I'd be willing to part with those, I can get pics of them, not sure of worth...not really interested in taking pics of the bed set now that it's packed away but for the right offer I'd pull them out.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Check eBay. These items usually come up for sale, so if you search Completed/Sold listings, you can get an idea how much they're worth.