Selling the majority of my collection off! :(

Looking for 80's toys or wanting to sell some? Post your offers and requests here so others can contact you! Auctions are welcome, too.
TickledSunriser

Post by TickledSunriser »

Hello Everyone! :rbpink: Some of you may or may not remember me from the old board back in the early 2000s. I used to frequent here from time to time. I loved my Rainbow Brite a lot & I had a lot of fun acquiring it. Sadly though, the time has finally come... I am selling off my Rainbow Brite collection. My boyfriend gave me a choice of what to keep & the rest must go. The memory of collecting all of it is the hardest part about selling it. I love my dolls & have taken good care of my collection. Rainbow Brite has brought me a lot of joy & I hope she can make another collector or child happy like she made me.

I started some auctions last Friday & they will be ending around 11am this Friday. My Ebay ID is Veeny18. My 12" doll lot went up on Tuesday & will end next Tuesday, I have a reserve of $100 on it, but it is worth more than that! I have a few more items that should hopefully be up on Friday. All of my items are from my personal collection & are from a smoke-free home.

I will also be selling off my Strawberry Shortcake dolls soon, I am just trying to get all my RB stuff sold off first. Get Along Gang, Care Bears & My Little Pony will be along after that. The reason for my selling is, is that my boyfriend & I are trying to buy a house & move out of my parents' home. We also want to have a wedding down the line. Plus I need to make room! Hehehe

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I just wanted to pop in and add a link for those wanting to view your auctions :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/veeny18/m.html? ... ksid=p3686

I'm always a little sad when I hear of a long-time collector selling things off. But I also understand the reasoning behind it. Good luck! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

TickledSunriser

Thank you Katy! I am sad... but I got to keep my 18" Rainbow & Patty, my Starlite, Baby Brite, 12" Tickled Pink, Kitty Brite, & my Hot Topic boxed 12" Rainbow. So I was happy about that.

I have all 4 Baby Sprites & they are near mint. I love them... do you think they will sell well on Ebay? I am just nervous that they won't sell well, I know they are kinda rare... weren't they only available in Germany?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

TickledSunriser wrote:I have all 4 Baby Sprites & they are near mint. I love them... do you think they will sell well on Ebay? I am just nervous that they won't sell well, I know they are kinda rare... weren't they only available in Germany?
Yes, they were only sold in Germany. And even these days, I don't see them on US Ebay very often. I bet they would sell well!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

TickledSunriser

I didn't do very well at selling on Ebay. I am scared to keep trying. *sigh*