Rainbow Sprite

Show off your custom dolls, pictures or anything else Rainbow Brite you created and get help from other skilled artists!
systemcat

Rainbow Sprite

Post by systemcat »

I brought up in an earlier topic that I had started collecting supplies to make this and had started a little work in it. Well I finished it today :cool: . The legs even have rainbow striped material on them which sadly can't be seen in the photo. ...No one commented on my last two posts here. Please comment if you view :unsure: .

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Rainbow Sprite

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Cute!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbowbrite84

Rainbow Sprite

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I think it looks great! Good job :)

systemcat

Rainbow Sprite

Post by systemcat »

Thanks guys :happy: ! It took quite a bit to prepare for the project and then in making it a lot of work :) .

Galacticatt

Rainbow Sprite

Post by Galacticatt »

I like the colors you used- not sure I love the texture/color you used for the face?

mtaylo28

Rainbow Sprite

Post by mtaylo28 »

So fluffy! :P
Support Bacteria!
Its the only culture some people have.

systemcat

Rainbow Sprite

Post by systemcat »

Galacticatt wrote:I like the colors you used- not sure I love the texture/color you used for the face?

The face came from making a mold of the face of the original toy. It's clay, and in two layers of paint. One which can't be seen since I went over it.

jazzycreations

Rainbow Sprite

Post by jazzycreations »

Was the mold what made the face lumpy or the paint?
IF it was the paint, I learned after several customs to add water to the paint & do several thin layers instead of thicker.
I always loved pointers when I started & still appreciate them now!

I think it turned out cute :)

systemcat

Rainbow Sprite

Post by systemcat »

I'd like to believe the paint gives it the lumpy look mainly. How the mold was done is I put paster paris scrips lightly all over the face and then after it dried. I put a thin layer of clay on top of the paster paris and baked it gently so there'd be no cracking or bubbles in the clay. I know I could have laid the clay inside the paster paris but that didn't happen because I knew the clay would be delicate and hard to remove from there as opposed to from it being on top.